When it comes to Father's Day, we all know it's all about the manly and usually meaty dishes with big flavours. Treat dad to an epic Father's Day meal fit for a king. Whether it’s something you throw on the grill, a meat-focused dish, or seafood, here are some easy recipes that will show dad how much you appreciate him.
On the Grill
Father's Day is all about the grill, am I right? I mean after all, isn't grilling something that most dads love to do? I am talking about skewers, chicken wings, and grilled vegetables. Grilled food is just light, crisp, and so satisfying during the summer. Make him an epic, restaurant-quality surf and turf with ribeye steak and lobster tails. Or try some easy Greek chicken souvlaki skewers or souvlaki beef shish kebabs with a side of homemade tzatziki sauce. Or my favourite sweet and tangy teriyaki chicken skewers with pineapple.
Bring on the Meat
If your dad is a carnivore, then win his heart with one of these meat-focused dishes. Whether he is craving beef, chicken, or lamb, give him a dish he will never forget. Like these fusion Korean beef steak tacos, or classic lamb chops with a dijon garlic marinade. You can also go super fancy and give regular chicken a major upgrade by stuffing them with spinach and mushrooms in a chicken roulade with creamy alfredo sauce.
From the Sea
Maybe Dad is a seafood kind of guy and is looking for something a little lighter. Treat him to some fresh wild-caught seafood in a teriyaki grilled salmon rice bowl, or batter up some cod for some healthier fish and chips with homemade tarter sauce. Another very good idea: tacos. How about a combination of fish tacos with lime crema and shrimp tacos with lime crema slaw? They never disappoint.
Side Dishes and Snacks
We can't forget about those sides, because although an entree with big bold flavours is pretty great, you have to dress them up with something on the side. Father's Day is all about the summer vibes, so bring on the summery salads. Like easy homemade potato salad and summer corn salad. Or how about some refreshing pico de gallo salsa and grilled corn on the cob? Cornbread muffins are pretty good too. Notice a theme here?
Dessert Fit for a King
On a final note, let's end our Father's Day meal the right way -- with some epic desserts fit for a king. How about something fruity like an upside-down caramel apricot tart or an easy Starbucks-inspired lemon loaf with lemon glaze. Or maybe you want to cool things down with a 3-ingredient peach sorbet. Maybe it's a classic New York cheesecake with a sweet strawberry sauce or salted caramel sauce on top that Dad just can't resist. Browse the desserts below and something just for Dad.
Did You Make Any of These Father's Day Recipes?
Did you make any of these Father's Day recipes? Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Treat dad to an epic Father's Day meal with big bold flavours. Browse our favourite grilled, meaty, seafood, and dessert Father's Day recipes -- way better than a tie.
Pick a selection of:
- on the grill - chicken skewers, beef skewers, lamb skewers, chicken wings, grilled salmon, surf and turf
- bring on the meat - beef, lamb, chicken
- from the sea - white fish, cod, salmon, shrimp, prawns, lobster, crab, mussels
- side dishes and snacks - salads, grilled vegetables, bread, dip
- dessert fit for a king - sorbet, tarts, cake, cheesecake, cookies
- Plan your menu ahead of time. You can prepare many of these dishes in advance. Many are best when marinated overnight, some can be frozen and reheated from frozen, others can be made and stored in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- All dessert can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the refrigerator according to recipe directions. Many of them (such as cookies and cheesecake) can be made weeks in advance, frozen, and defrosted.
- Salads can be prepared in advance, and assembled before serving.
- Prep your ingredients as much as possible. Once you have decided on the dishes to serve, prepare as much as you can in advance. Whether that is chopping vegetables, beating eggs, or preparing salad dressings. You can store all your prepared ingredients in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Set the table the night before. Take out the dinnerware, flatware, glasses, placemats, and napkins and set the table the night before, or if you are headed outdoors, pack your picnic basket the night before. It's one less thing to worry about on Father's Day.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: father's day recipes, father's day menu, father's day lunch, dad's favourite recipes