It's that time of year when light, fresh summery salads start making an appearance. Nothing says summer salad better than strawberries. Pair sweet strawberries with ripe avocado, crumbed feta cheese and pecans, toss in homemade poppy seed dressing, and voila! The perfect summer salad is born. Strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing.
Just look at that gorgeous colour. This salad is almost too pretty to eat. The addition of strawberries gives a regular green salad a major facelift. I literally had to slice 4 extra strawberries because I kept snacking on them as I was preparing them. They just smelled too good!
I usually serve this strawberry avocado salad as a light lunch or a side salad. But feel free to add some grilled chicken and turn this into a full meal.
Poppy Seed Dressing
This salad is soo easy to make. It takes 10 minutes to whip up and that includes the homemade poppy seed dressing. Seriously, why stock up on salad dressings when you can make a fresh batch each time. It is so easy, requires a handful of ingredients, and results in dressing that tastes so fresh and vibrant. Homemade beats store-bought any day!
Strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing is a must-try, bursting with flavour, summer salad that is quick and easy to make.
- 5 cups spring mix salad or other greens
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- pinch of salt and pepper, or more to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, avocado, feta cheese, and pecan.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Category: Salad