Greek salmon is delicious, flaky, and tender. This oven-baked salmon is packed with Mediterranean flavors of garlic, lemon, and fresh dill and creates a show-stopping meal in just 20 minutes. Talk about quick and easy! It's the perfect recipe to add to your healthy weeknight dinner rotation, especially if you are looking to incorporate more seafood into your diet. It's a total crowd pleaser.
Why You’ll Love Greek Salmon
- Greek salmon is easy and fast! Don’t worry about having enough time to cook your salmon. This recipe is easy to prep, pop into the oven, and bakes in just 15 minutes, which leaves you enough time to make side dishes, finish errands, and spend time with the people who matter most.
- Fresh Mediterranean flavors. This Greek salmon is packed with some classic Mediterranean ingredients like fresh dill, garlic, and lemon juice. It's the perfect meal when you are craving something fresh and light.
- Salmon is rich in vitamins and nutrients. Salmon is one of the healthiest fish out there. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, protein, tons of B vitamins, potassium, and selenium. When you eat Greek salmon, you’re choosing to feed your family a meal that’s healthy and delicious!
To make this quick and easy, delicious Greek salmon, you will need the following ingredients:
- salmon - you will need about 1 lb. of salmon cut into fillets. I cut mine into to 2 large fillets, but I typically cut mine into 4 filets for more individual portions.
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh dill
- dried oregano - you can also substitute this with Italian seasoning.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Greek Salmon
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pat dry salmon fillets and place skin-side down on a lined quarter sheet baking pan.
- Marinate. In a small mixing bowl, stir to combine olive oil, lemon juice, dill, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush or pour the marinade over the salmon and let it sit while the oven is preheating.
- Bake. Bake for 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve with an extra squeeze of lemon juice on top, if desired.
How to Serve Greek Salmon
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Air Fryer instructions: You can easily cook this salmon in the air fryer. To air fry, place the salmon in a single layer into the air fryer basket (you may have to do this in 2 batches). Air fry at 400F for about 10 minutes.
- How to store: Leftover salmon will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container. Allow the fish to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.
- How to reheat salmon: Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes, or in the microwave for about 1 minute. You can also reheat in a preheated oven or air fryer at 300F for about 5-10 minutes until warmed through. You can also eat leftovers cold over a salad or in a sandwich.
More Salmon Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.