Roasted spring vegetables are the side dish of the spring season. This easy sheet pan recipe is packed with all our favourite veggies of the season: carrots, asparagus, potatoes, radishes, and parsnips. It's an easy dish to prep and make. You literally chop up your vegetables, toss them together with seasoning, and bake. Plus, you can completely customize the recipe with any vegetables that you have on hand. It's a stress-free side to serve for dinner or alongside a holiday meal.
Why You Will Love these Roasted Spring Vegetables
- Simple ingredients with lots of flavour. This sheet pan side dish is made with a handful of vegetables and some simple seasoning that packs on some serious flavour.
- It's completely customizable. I used potatoes, carrots, asparagus, radishes, and parsnips. Don't have these vegetables on hand? Or want to add in something else like spring onions or snap pea? Go for it. This is completely customizable. Just make sure that your vegetables are all cut into similar pieces for even cooking.
- Sheet pan = minimal clean up. This is a sheet pan recipe so everything is baked in one pan. One pan = less dishes = less time to spend on clean up.
How to Make the Best Roasted Spring Vegetables
To make these easy roasted spring vegetables, you will need a half sheet baking pan and the following ingredients:
- spring vegetables - I used russet potatoes, carrots, asparagus, radishes, and parsnips. You can also add snap peas or spring onions, or any other vegetables that you have on hand.
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
- seasoning - Italian seasoning, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Then, you will need to follow two basic steps:
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl (or directly in the sheet pan), add potatoes, carrots, asparagus, radishes, parsnips and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, soy sauce and vinegar. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Bake. Arrange the vegetable mixture in a single layer on a large half sheet baking pan. Bake at for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and golden brown. Gently shake the sheet pan halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
How to store: Store roasted spring vegetables in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat for a few minutes on the stove over medium heat, or in the oven at 300F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
How to Serve Roasted Spring Vegetables
Serve these roasted spring vegetables as a side dish with all your favourite spring meals, particularly for Easter dinner. Some of my favourites to pair this with are Whole Roast Chicken (or Roasted Spatchcock Chicken), Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon, Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb, and Ribeye Steak.
More Roasted Vegetable Side Dishes
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Baby Potatoes
- Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Easy Garlic Herb-Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans
- Greek Lemon Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.