Quick and easy roasted garlic green beans is a simple dish with big flavours -- tangy, sour, savoury, and sweet -- inspired by Asian sambal green beans. They are tender yet have the best crunchy texture. This easy 15-minute side dish can be made in the oven, or in the air fryer. Perfect for weeknights or for a stress-free side at your holiday dinner.
The best part is that you can serve these roasted garlic green beans with almost any meal. It pairs great with Asian flavours in vegetarian fried rice or curry chicken fried rice, or for a more western palate, try it with a dutch oven roast chicken or ribeye steak and creamy mashed potatoes.
- green beans - trim them by lining them up and cutting the ends off with a knife, or rinsing them under water and twisting off the ends.
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- Italian seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce - adds tangy and umami flavour.
- balsamic vinegar - adds sweet and sour flavour.
- soy sauce - adds savoury flavour.
- black pepper
How to Make the Best Roasted Garlic Green Beans (Two Ways)
- Prep and combine ingredients: Wash and trim the green beans, then dry them with a paper towel. Place them into a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Roast: Transfer the green beans onto a quarter sheet baking pan and spread them out evenly. Bake in a 375F preheated oven for 15 minutes until tender, but still crunchy.
How to Make Garlic Green Beans in the Air Fryer
- How to store: Store green beans in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes, until warmed through.
- How to use the sauce: The balance of tangy, sour, savoury and sweet flavours in the sauce make it an excellent choice to use for any roasted vegetable such as brussels sprouts, potatoes, butternut squash and more.
- How to add toppings: These green beans are delicious just the way they are. You could also add some toppings if you please. Some great options are crushed peanuts or pecans, and crispy bacon.
More Green Bean Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.