With Thanksgiving behind us, the last thing on your mind is probably spending more time figuring out what to make for dinner or spending more time slaving away in the kitchen. Well, guess what? If you’re scrambling to figure out dinner with less than 30 minutes on hand, this roasted balsamic chicken with cranberries is going to save the day!
Chances are, you have most of these ingredients stocked up already. The marinade is a simple mix of balsamic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey. It adds the perfect sweet and tangy flavour to perfectly roasted chicken thighs.
And while you might not have cranberries in your kitchen all year round, there’s a good chance that during the holiday season you’ve got some leftover bags in the freezer that need to be used up. So here’s your chance to turn them into something unexpected and unforgettable.
If you don’t have tarragon, switch it up with your favourite herbs — oregano, thyme, rosemary, whatever you’ve got! But you will not believe how much flavour is packed into one dish with so little prep. Highly recommend serving this with the best and creamiest mashed potatoes or creamy garlic mashed cauliflower to soak up that delicious sauce!
If you’re scrambling to figure out dinner with less than 30 minutes on hand, this sweet and tangy roasted balsamic chicken with cranberries will save the day!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4-6 sprigs tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade, then toss to combine and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add red onions, then scatter chicken thighs between them, pouring the extra marinade on top of the onions. Pour on the cranberries. Place a few sprigs of fresh tarragon on top,
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until juice from chicken run clear (when thickest part reads at least 165 F on a meat thermometer). Serve immediately.