I love the aromatic flavour of tandoori chicken, the best word to describe it is simply irresistible. Here, I’ve turned it into a simple, but insanely flavourful sheet pan dinner loaded with vegetables that is perfect any night of the week…and will prevent you from spending money on takeout! Double win! So roll up your sleeves and make tandoori chicken sheet pan dinner tonight!
This is the perfect weeknight meal because it takes less than 30 minutes to cook. Any recipe that cooks under 30 minutes automatically qualifies as perfect! Let me tell you what makes this recipe so easy:
- The marinade takes literally 2 minutes to mix together. All it requires is some yogurt and your favourite tandoori seasoning blend.
- You throw together the chicken and vegetables all together in one sheet pan for less clean up and easy cooking.
- Throw everything in the oven and sit back while you wait for dinner to be ready.
My favourite part is how the juices from the chicken flavour all the vegetables (which is definitely one of the biggest appeals of a sheet pan dinner, in my opinion!). With a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a couple sprigs of cilantro, this well-balanced meal will easily satisfy any crowd. Don’t be surprised when you have no leftovers!
In under 30 minutes, create intensely flavourful tandoori chicken sheet pan dinner loaded with vegetables, any night of the week! Good-bye takeout!
- 2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons tandoori seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sheet Pan Dinner:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large (or 2 medium) zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large Vidalia onion (sweet onion), cut into chunks
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, tandoori seasoning blend, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, then use a pastry brush to spread it over the top of your chicken thighs (reserve some marinade for the vegetables). Place chicken on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Add zucchini, onion, cauliflower, and potatoes in a large bowl. Toss with remaining yogurt marinade, then pour onto the baking sheet surrounding the chicken thighs. (If you run out of space, place leftover veggies on a second baking sheet). Let sit at least 30 minutes.
- When ready, preheat oven to 400 F. Cook for 25 minutes (you can cook the additional tray of vegetables at the same time), rotating once about halfway through.
- Turn the broiler on high, then cook chicken and veggies about 2-5 minutes, just until the top of the chicken browns (be careful not to burn!). Serve with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.
You could use bone-in thighs or breasts for a bit more flavour, but I prefer the quicker cook time, so I often do boneless.