Who doesn't love classic chicken and potatoes? Make your life easy with one pan garlic roasted chicken and baby potatoes. This wholesome chicken dinner is made with flavourful, succulent and tender chicken thighs and baby potatoes seasoned with herbs. Plus, it takes only 10 minutes to prep in a single sheet pan (no extra dishes!). Just toss everything together, pop it in the oven and let the oven do its magic. So so easy and so delicious.
This is one of my go-to dishes because it's delicious and super easy, but it's especially a go-to when I have guests over. Kind of for the same exact reason. And if you have a lot of company, you can just double or triple the recipe and basically feed an army. I like to serve this alongside a big salad to add some green to my dinner. Try quinoa spinach power salad or Mediterranean chickpea wedge salad with hummus dressing. It also pairs really nicely with a one pot rice pilaf with carrots and creamy garlic mashed cauliflower.
To make this easy sheet pan chicken dinner, you will need the following:
- chicken thighs - you can also use chicken legs, but they may cook a little faster so you will need to adjust your cook time. I also recommend using bone-in, skin-on chicken because that gorgeous, golden crispy skin is one of the best parts. You can still cook these thighs without the skin, but the texture will be different.
- baby potatoes - you can also use regular potatoes chopped into small bite-sized pieces.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dried rosemary - You could also use any dried herbs. I often use Italian seasoning with this instead when I am out of rosemary.
How to Make the Best One Pan Garlic Roasted Chicken and Baby Potatoes
It is so easy to make this sheet pan chicken meal in just a few simple steps:
- Combine the ingredients. In a large roasting pan or casserole dish, add chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange chicken in between the potatoes. Season chicken with more salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle rosemary over the chicken and vegetables.
- Roast: Place the pan in a 350 F preheated oven and cook for 1 hour and 25 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden brown and potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Broil (optional): For crispier and more browned skin, turn the broiler on high and broil for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Be sure to keep a close eye on the broiler as things can burn very quickly. Remove from oven and serve.
Tips for Making One Pan Roasted Chicken
- How to customize: What is great about garlic roasted chicken and baby potatoes is that you can completely customize it with whatever vegetables that you have on hand. I often add in 2 medium carrots, but I completely forgot to pick them up this time, so I just left it out. Some other vegetables to add in are sweet potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli or mushrooms.
- How to store: Transfer any leftovers into an airtight container with the juices from the pan, and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in the microwave, air fryer at 300F for 5 minutes, or in the oven at 300F for 10 minutes.
More Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Tandoori Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken with Cranberries
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
This post was originally posted in May 2017. It was completely updated in October 2020 with new photographs and written content.Print
One pan garlic roasted chicken and baby potatoes is an easy to make, delicious and wholesome meal for the entire family. Prep this flavourful sheet pan meal in 10 minutes.
- 5 to 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on (2 lbs. total)
- 15-20 baby potatoes, halved
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan or casserole dish, add chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken in between the potatoes. Then, sprinkle dried rosemary on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 25 minutes until skin crispy and golden brown and potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- For crispier and more browned skin, turn the broiler on high and broil for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Be sure to keep a close eye on the broiler as things can burn very quickly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
How to store: Transfer any leftovers into an airtight container with the juices from the pan, and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in the microwave, air fryer at 300F for 5 minutes, or in the oven at 300F for 10 minutes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pan garlic roasted chicken and baby potatoes, sheet pan chicken and potatoes, sheet pan chicken dinner, chicken and potatoes