Make your week easier and more delicious with this quick and easy Asian-style meal prep sheet pan balsamic chicken and vegetables. Super flavourful, juicy and tender chicken is marinated in a sesame balsamic marinade inspired by Asian sesame salad dressing. And the vegetables? They are tossed in a balsamic dressing. Combine everything all together on one sheet pan, and say good-bye to stressing over lunch all week. This meal comes together in about 45 minutes including prep (lots of chopping since it's packed with tons of vegetables).
Ingredients in Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
- chicken breasts - 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- sesame balsamic marinade - made with soy sauce, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- tofu - optional
- bell peppers - green, yellow and red.
- sweet potato
- brussels sprouts
- vegetable seasoning - made with olive oil , balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
How to Make the Best Meal Prep Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
The first step is to marinate the chicken breast in an incredibly simple and delicious Asian-style marinade made with soy sauce, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add everything to a large bowl (or ziploc bag) and stir well to combine and fully coat the chicken. Cover with cling wrap (or seal the ziploc bag) and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
Next, prep and cut all the vegetables and place inside another large mixing bowl. Add in all seasonings (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper). Mix well with a spatula to combine and coat evenly well. Transfer the vegetables to a large ½ pan sheet pan and spread them evenly into a single layer. You do not need to line the baking sheet.
How to Roast Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
There are two ways that you can make this easy sheet pan meal:
- Option 1: Preheat the oven to 400F. Transfer the baking sheet with all the vegetables in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place the marinated chicken breasts on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the extra marinade over the vegetables and chicken. Transfer the baking sheet back in the oven and continue to bake at 400F for another 20 minutes until the internal temperature for the chicken breasts reaches 165F.
- Option 2: Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the marinated chicken breasts on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the extra marinade over the vegetables and chicken. Bake the vegetables and chicken breasts together in the baking sheet for 30 to 35 minutes until the internal temperature for the chicken reaches 165F.
How to Assemble Meal Prep Containers
Assembling the meal prep containers is the easiest part. Simply take your meal prep containers and divide the veggies amongst them. For a full balanced meal, you can add in ½ cup to 1 cup of cooked rice on underneath.
Then, slice up the chicken breast and add ½ breast on top of each container. Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Meal Prep Tips
- How to customize: This is one of my favourite recipes to meal prep with because the Asian-style sesame balsamic marinade is the bomb. And those veggies? Even better. They are tossed in a balsamic sauce that goes well with any vegetable, which makes it super easy to customize. Literally throw in any vegetables that you have on hand.
- How to store meal prep chicken and vegetables: Divide the chicken and veggies amongst 6 meal prep containers and seal. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, place in the refrigerator until thawed.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Tandoori Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Miso Salmon with Bok Choy
- Sheet Pan Soy-Glazed Chicken Thighs
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.