Happy Cinco de Mayo!! What better meal to indulge in that fajitas? But listen to this: if I told you that sizzling hot chicken fajitas could be on the table in less than 30 minutes, would you believe me? And that instead of dirtying up multiple skillets sautéing vegetables and chicken you could simply throw everything on a sheet pan and let it work its magic in the oven. Because these sheet pan chicken fajitas are all that and more.
This is the perfect weeknight meal because it takes less than 30 minutes to cook. Any recipe that cooks under 30 minutes automatically qualifies as perfect! Let me tell you what makes this recipe so easy:
- The fajita seasoning mix takes literally 2 minutes to put together. And another minute to rub all over the chicken.
- You throw together the chicken and vegetables all together in one sheet pan for less clean up and easy cooking.
- Throw everything in the oven and sit back while you wait for dinner to be ready.
Fajita Seasoning Mix
As I mentioned, this seasoning mix takes literally 2 minutes to put together. So put down that package of El Paso seasoning and make your own at home! All you need is an easy combination of cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
These fajitas are bursting with flavor from the quick spice rub fajita seasoning (pro tip: make extra)! But you an add more flavors with the toppings, the sky is really the limit when you get creative with toppings. To keep dinner super simple, serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, homemade guacamole and your favorite salsa.
With just 10 minutes prep time you could be celebrating ‘taco Tuesday’ with simple and addictive sheet pan fajitas any night of the week!
Sizzling and hot sheet pan chicken fajitas are on the table in less than 30 minutes! The best part is that you just throw everything into one sheet pan!
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets (about 3-4 cutlets)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper, then stir to combine. Set aside seasoning.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle fajita seasoning on both sides of chicken, reserving about 1 tablespoon of the seasoning.
- Cut the 3 bell peppers and the onion into 1/2-inch thick slices. Evenly distribute on the baking sheet, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the reserved seasoning.
- Cook in preheated oven until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 15-17 minutes.
- Serve fajitas with lime wedges and fresh cilantro. Serve as is or in tortillas with cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.