Fresh mango salsa is sweet, tangy, and delicious. It's a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up with just 6 ingredients and in under 10 minutes. It's loaded with fresh ingredients like mango, red bell peppers, red onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime, giving your taste buds something to get excited about. Mango pico de gallo is perfect for entertaining with a side of tortilla chips, as a snack throughout the day, or as a topping on fish tacos.
Why You’ll Love Mango Salsa
- Bright, fresh flavors. With fresh raw ingredients like mangoes, red peppers, onion, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice, this mango salsa tastes as juicy and bright as it looks. Nothing is more refreshing that a scoop of this salsa.
- It's quick and easy. Making mango pico de gallo takes almost no time at all. t’s so fast that you don’t need to “make time” to cook. You can take 10 minutes out of your day easily.
- A crowd-favourite feel good food! Since this mango salsa is made of only fresh ingredients, you'll get clean, healthy energy from eating it-- so don't expect to feel sluggish like you do from eating processed foods. Plus, it's always a big hit whenever I serve it.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this delicious tangy mango salsa, you will need the following ingredients:
- mangoes - make sure to use ripe mango for the best results. For a delicious substitution, consider trying papaya or peaches.
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- jalapeño - this adds a little spicy kick. Feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
The best part about mango salsa is that it is extremely easy to customize. Not a fan of any of these ingredients? Just substitute them with something else. Consider adding in green onions, scallions, leeks, or even shallots, fresh basil or parsley, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
How to Make the Best Mango Salsa
First, combine the mango, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro in a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Then, drizzle with lime juice and toss well to coat. Let the mango salsa sit for 5-10 minutes to allow all the flavors to infuse into each other. Serve immediately with a side of tortilla chips or tortilla strips.
How to Store
If you don't eat all of your mango salsa in one sitting like me, you can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. But the sooner you eat it, the better. Your veggies will start to get soggy the longer they sit together.
More Dip Recipes
- Pico de Gallo Chunky Salsa
- Easy Guacamole
- Queso Mexican Cheese Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Dip
- Baked Spinach Dip
- Pesto Hummus
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Fresh mango salsa is sweet, tangy, and delicious. It's a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up with just 6 ingredients and in under 10 minutes.
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- Combine mango, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro in a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Drizzle with lime juice and toss well to coat.
- Let the mango salsa sit for 5-10 minutes to allow all the flavors to infuse into each other. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mango salsa, easy mango salsa, how to make mango salsa, how to make salsa with mangos, mango pico de gallo