Pizza, chicken, BBQ sauce, these are the kind of ingredients that belong on an outdoor patio on a hot sunny day. How about putting them all together, at home, in under 30-minutes? That's right, under 30-minutes from prep to table! I am talking about sweet, tangy and smoky, beyond simple to prepare, 30-minute BBQ chicken pizza!
Just looking at it makes my mouth drool. The thought of making homemade pizza may be daunting, but it really isn't. This pizza only takes 10 minutes to prepare. You can make it with prepared homemade pizza dough or store-bough dough. If you’ve never picked up pizza dough from your grocery store, you're missing out! It's got all the benefits of homemade dough without having to mix it up yourself. In fact, it’s what makes pizza on a late weeknight a stress-free (and quick!) meal.
You can use your favourite bottled BBQ sauce to get the perfect flavour for your tastebuds, and of course you could substitute rotisserie chicken if you don’t want to roast it yourself, but either way you will not be able to put this down!
I love using fresh mozzarella on pizzas, but if you have a bag of shredded cheese on hand that’s fine too! Layer the ingredients on top of the bbq sauce in any order you like, bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is crispy, and serve with lots of fresh green herbs — if you can find arugula micro greens, those work amazingly well here. Basil, oregano, or fresh spinach would also be great. Trust me, this one is going to disappear quickly!!
More Pizza Recipes
- Small Batch Sourdough Pizza Dough
- Easy Skillet Neapolitan Margherita Pizza
- Salami and Mushroom Skillet Pizza
- Mushroom and Arugula Skillet Pizza
- Classic Roman Herbed Potato Pizza
Forget delivery, make sweet, tangy and smoky BBQ chicken pizza from the comfort of your own home in under 30-minutes! Tasty, weeknight dinners have never been easier!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded (approximately one chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided
- 10 oz. store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup micro greens, for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 F. When hot, place rimmed baking sheet in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken breast in 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to desired thickness (cook time based on dough about ¼-inch thick). Prick the dough all over with a fork. Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle cornmeal evenly on top. Transfer pizza dough to baking sheet, brush with olive oil, then bake for 7 minutes.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce on pizza dough, leaving about ½-inch border along the edge. Layer mozzarella, chicken, red onion, and cheddar cheese on top. Bake for an additional 8 minutes, let cool slightly, then top with scallions, cilantro, and micro greens, if using. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Chicken. You can use rotisserie chicken or homemade roasted chicken breast for this recipe. If roasting your own chicken, drizzle one chicken breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Roast in a 450 F preheated oven until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breast. Remove and let cool slightly. Using two forks or your hands, pull meat and place in a small bowl.
Make your own pizza dough. I highly recommend making your own pizza dough, if you have the time. The difference in taste is unreal. Try my sourdough pizza dough. The crust is airy and chewy with a delicious flavour.
- Category: Pizza