Forget delivery, make sweet, tangy and smoky BBQ chicken pizza from the comfort of your own home in under 30-minutes! Tasty, weeknight dinners have never been easier!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded (approximately one chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided
- 10 oz. store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup micro greens, for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 F. When hot, place rimmed baking sheet in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken breast in 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to desired thickness (cook time based on dough about ¼-inch thick). Prick the dough all over with a fork. Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle cornmeal evenly on top. Transfer pizza dough to baking sheet, brush with olive oil, then bake for 7 minutes.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce on pizza dough, leaving about ½-inch border along the edge. Layer mozzarella, chicken, red onion, and cheddar cheese on top. Bake for an additional 8 minutes, let cool slightly, then top with scallions, cilantro, and micro greens, if using. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
You can use rotisserie chicken or homemade roasted chicken breast for this recipe. If roasting your own chicken, drizzle one chicken breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Roast in a 450 F preheated oven until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breast. Remove and let cool slightly. Using two forks or your hands, pull meat and place in a small bowl.