Forget delivery and make sweet, tangy, and smoky BBQ chicken pizza from the comfort of your own home in under 30 minutes. The easiest weeknight dinner.
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (or one chicken breast, shredded)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided
- 10 oz. pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup micro greens (optional, for garnish)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 F. When hot, place rimmed quarter sheet baking pan in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss shredded chicken in 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to desired thickness (note that the cook time is based on dough about ¼-inch thick). Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle cornmeal evenly on top. Transfer pizza dough to baking sheet, brush with olive oil, then bake for 7 minutes.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce on pizza dough, leaving about ½-inch border along the edge. Layer mozzarella, chicken, red onion, and cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Let cool slightly, then top with scallions, cilantro, and micro greens (if using). Serve with lime wedges on the side.
How to roast chicken breast: You can use shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken or homemade roasted chicken breast for this recipe.
- If roasting your own chicken, drizzle one chicken breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Roast in a 450 F preheated oven until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breast. Remove and let cool slightly. Using two forks or your hands, pull meat and place in a small bowl.
How to store: Store leftover pizza wrapped in aluminum foil, plastic cling wrap, or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to freeze cooked pizza: Cut the pizza into slices and store each slice wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Then store the slices into a freezer bag for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bbq chicken pizza, homemade bbq chicken pizza, how to make bbq chicken pizza, pizza with bbq chicken