Quick, easy and delicious butter chicken pizza is the best way to use up any leftover butter chicken. This is by far my favourite pizza that I have made to date. It has an ultra crispy pizza crust and is topped with saucy butter chicken, red onions, tomatoes, fresh gooey mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of parsley. Make it in entirely in a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet in about 10 minutes. No pizza stone required.
- pizza dough - you can use storebought pizza dough or homemade pizza dough. For a delicious, airy and chewy homemade crust, try my sourdough pizza dough using discard sourdough starter.
- butter chicken - this recipe is such a great way to use leftover butter chicken.
- red onion
- mozzarella cheese - I prefer mozzarella for this pizza, but you can also use ricotta or burrata.
How to Make the Best Leftover Butter Chicken Pizza
Prep the ingredients. On a floured surface, gently press the pizza dough with your fingers and shape it into an 8-inch circle. Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Prep the rest of your toppings and have them close by before you start.
Cook pizza on the skillet. Heat a cast-iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Once hot, place the flattened dough onto the skillet and spread it over the entire skillet. Quickly add the butter chicken and spread evenly over the pizza crust. Place sliced red onions, tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, and chopped parsley on top. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust starts to brown.
Transfer pizza to oven. Transfer the skillet into a preheated broiler on high and cook for 3 minutes, until the crust is blistered and slightly charred. Keep a close eye on the broiler because the crust can burn quite quickly.
Serve. Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the pizza onto a plate or cutting board. Slice into 4-6 pieces and serve.
How to Serve Butter Chicken Pizza
I always like to complete a pizza meal with a side salad. Some of my favourites to serve are:
- Mediterranean Chickpea Wedge Salad
- The Best Greek Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Persian Shirazi Salad with Cucumber and Tomato
- Goat Cheese and Tangelo Winter Salad
More Pizza Recipes
- Salami and Mushroom Skillet Pizza
- Easy Skillet Neapolitan Margherita Pizza
- Mushroom and Arugula Skillet Pizza
- Classic Roman Herbed Potato Pizza
- 30-Minute BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.