Quick, easy and delicious butter chicken pizza is the best way to use up any leftover butter chicken. This is by far my favourite pizza that I have made to date. It has an ultra crispy pizza crust and is topped with saucy butter chicken, red onions, tomatoes, fresh gooey mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of parsley. Make it in entirely in a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet in about 10 minutes. No pizza stone required.
- pizza dough - you can use storebought pizza dough or homemade pizza dough. For a delicious, airy and chewy homemade crust, try my sourdough pizza dough using discard sourdough starter.
- butter chicken - this recipe is such a great way to use leftover butter chicken.
- red onion
- mozzarella cheese - I prefer mozzarella for this pizza, but you can also use ricotta or burrata.
How to Make the Best Leftover Butter Chicken Pizza
Prep the ingredients. On a floured surface, gently press the pizza dough with your fingers and shape it into an 8-inch circle. Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Prep the rest of your toppings and have them close by before you start.
Cook pizza on the skillet. Heat a cast-iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Once hot, place the flattened dough onto the skillet and spread it over the entire skillet. Quickly add the butter chicken and spread evenly over the pizza crust. Place sliced red onions, tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, and chopped parsley on top. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust starts to brown.
Transfer pizza to oven. Transfer the skillet into a preheated broiler on high and cook for 3 minutes, until the crust is blistered and slightly charred. Keep a close eye on the broiler because the crust can burn quite quickly.
Serve. Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the pizza onto a plate or cutting board. Slice into 4-6 pieces and serve.
How to Serve Butter Chicken Pizza
I always like to complete a pizza meal with a side salad. Some of my favourites to serve are:
- Mediterranean Chickpea Wedge Salad
- The Best Greek Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Persian Shirazi Salad with Cucumber and Tomato
- Goat Cheese and Tangelo Winter Salad
More Pizza Recipes
- Salami and Mushroom Skillet Pizza
- Easy Skillet Neapolitan Margherita Pizza
- Mushroom and Arugula Skillet Pizza
- Classic Roman Herbed Potato Pizza
- 30-Minute BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Quick, easy, delicious and saucy leftover butter chicken pizza with an ultra crispy pizza crust is made entirely in a cast-iron skillet in just 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven broiler to high. Heat a cast-iron skillet on the stove, over medium-high heat.
- Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Sprinkle some flour if needed to prevent stickiness.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the flattened dough onto the skillet. Stretch out the dough a bit more to let it spread over the entire skillet. Quickly add the butter chicken and spread evenly over the pizza crust. Place sliced red onions, tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, and chopped parsley on top.
- Leave the pizza to cook on the skillet for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust starts to brown.
- Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the preheated broiler and cook for 3 minutes or until the crust is blistered and slightly charred. Keep your eye closely on the broil, because the intense heat can make pizza crust burn quite quickly.
- Remove the skillet and transfer the pizza onto a cutting board. Slice pizza into 4-6 pieces with a knife or pizza cutter and serve.
Use an oven-safe skillet. I recommend using a cast-iron skillet. It makes things so easy because you can easily transfer the pizza from the stovetop to the oven without taking it out of the skillet. If you don't have a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, you can use a regular skillet, and carefully transfer the pizza to a parchment-lined baking sheet to broil.
Make your own pizza dough. If you have the time, I recommend making your own pizza dough. It really makes a difference in the taste and texture of the pizza. I used my sourdough pizza dough which yields an airy and chewy crust with great flavour.
Prep your ingredients before you start. Have your toppings prepped and close by before you start. Once your pizza dough hits the skillet, you will need to add them immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: butter chicken pizza, leftover butter chicken pizza, how to use leftover butter chicken, butter chicken recipes, indian pizza