Light and airy, whipped ricotta dip is so easy to make in just 5 minutes with a few fresh ingredients including fresh herbs, olive oil, garlic, and a touch of honey. Serve whipped ricotta as a delicious appetizer with some bread, crackers, or veggies on the side for easy dipping, or as a spread on sandwiches.
Once you make easy 5-minute homemade whipped ricotta dip, it will be really hard to go back to store-bought. There is so much more flavour in homemade, and you know exactly what is going into your dip meaning no fillers or unnecessary ingredients. If you like this whipped ricotta, then you may like these other quick and easy 5-minute dips: creamy hummus, easy tzatziki sauce (cucumber yogurt dip), or easy guacamole. If you have some more time, try baked spinach dip, caramelized onion dip, or roasted red pepper hummus.
To make whipped ricotta dip, you will need the following ingredients:
- whole milk ricotta - use high quality ricotta cheese, since this is the bulk of the dip.
- extra virgin olive oil - I also recommend using a high quality olive oil.
- honey - add a little sweetness, but you can opt to leave this out if you prefer.
- fresh herbs - I used mostly basil and a hint of rosemary. You want to be careful with using rosemary because it is very strong and can easily become overpowering. Some other fresh herbs that I like to use are mint, thyme, oregano and chives.
- garlic - you can also substitute this with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Whipped Ricotta Dip
- Blend ingredients together. In a medium bowl, add ricotta, olive oil, honey, fresh herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute. You can also blend everything together in a food processor. Give it a taste and add extra olive oil, honey, or salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve. Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle some olive oil on top, and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with slices of toasted french baguette, crackers, or vegetables. You can also use it to make an easy whipped ricotta crostini.
- How to customize: Whipped ricotta dip is versatile and you can customize it by adding in all sorts of ingredients. Some of my favourites to add are lemon zest and lemon juice, grated parmesan cheese, pesto, and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- What kind of bread to use: You can serve whipped ricotta with a side of almost any kind of bread. Some of my favourites are french baguettes, ciabatta bread, pita bread, naan flatbread, or sourdough bread.
- How to store: Store whipped ricotta dip in an airtight container or covered in plastic cling warp for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- How to use leftovers: You can use any leftover whipped ricotta dip to make whipped ricotta crostini. You can also use it as a creamy pasta sauce.
More Ricotta Recipes
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
- Ricotta Crostini with Peas and Mint
- Homemade Calzones
- White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
- Easy Meat Lasagna
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.