Light and airy, whipped ricotta dip is so easy to make in just 5 minutes with a few fresh ingredients including fresh herbs, olive oil, garlic, and honey.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil (plus more for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as basil, mint, thyme, oregano, or chives), finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, add ricotta, olive oil, honey, fresh herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute. You can also blend everything together in a food processor. Give it a taste and add extra olive oil, honey, or salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle some olive oil on top, and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with slices of toasted french baguette, crackers, or vegetables.
How to customize: Whipped ricotta dip is versatile and you can customize it by adding in all sorts of ingredients. Some of my favourites to add are lemon zest and lemon juice, grated parmesan cheese, pesto, and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
What kind of bread to use: You can serve whipped ricotta with a side of almost any kind of bread. Some of my favourites are french baguettes, ciabatta bread, pita bread, naan flatbread, or sourdough bread.
How to store: Store whipped ricotta dip in an airtight container or covered in plastic cling warp for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
How to use leftovers: You can use any leftover whipped ricotta dip to make whipped ricotta crostini. You can also use it as a creamy pasta sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: whipped ricotta dip, herbed whipped ricotta dip, whipped ricotta, whipped ricotta with fresh herbs, ricotta dip, easy dip