Fish stick tacos are fun, easy, and delicious. Crispy breaded fish sticks are topped with a homemade mango and red pepper salsa and a drizzle of lime crema, all wrapped in warm, soft tortillas. They’re a quick and easy kid-friendly meal that the whole family will love on taco night. Fresh, savory, and so so good.
Why You’ll Love Fish Stick Tacos
- Tacos are fun and versatile. No meal is as fun as tacos which you can build yourself and customize to your liking. Not a fan of mango salsa? No problem. This recipe is 100% versatile. You can top it with any of your favorite toppings like a Lime Crema Slaw, Guacamole, or Pico de Gallo Salsa. The perfect compliment for a Mexican fiesta.
- A blend of fresh ingredients. Crispy fish sticks are topped with fresh diced mango, red pepper, and red onions, giving fish stick tacos a burst of freshness in every bite. Add on some lime juice and crema, and you’ve got a flavorful and tasty meal!
- They are fast and easy to make. Fast and easy meals are a must-have for your recipe book. These fish stick tacos serve up a hot meal in less than thirty minutes. Whether you’re working from home, have kids running around, need a mental break, or all of the above, a thirty-minute meal is always a win.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make easy fish stick tacos, you will need the following ingredients:
- fish sticks - I used my Homemade Fish Sticks, but feel free to use store-bought fish sticks if that is easier.
- red bell pepper - feel free to substitute with any color bell pepper. I just love the pop of red that red bell peppers add to the Mango Salsa.
- red onion
- jalapeño - optional for a spicy kick.
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- small corn tortillas
And don't forget to serve these tacos with a squeeze of lime juice and a dollop of sour cream or lime crema.
How to Make the Best Fish Stick Tacos
- Make the fish sticks. Prepare Homemade Fish Sticks and place on a parchment lined quarter sheet baking pan and apply cooking oil spray evenly over each stick to coat. This creates golden brown crusts during baking. Bake in a 400 F preheated oven for 15 minutes until fully cooked through and golden brown. For store bought frozen fish sticks, bake according to package instructions.
- Make the mango salsa. In a medium bowl, combine mango, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro and stir until evenly mixed. Drizzle with lime juice and toss well to coat. Let the Mango Salsa sit for 5-10 minutes to allow all the flavors to infuse into each other.
- Heat the tortillas. Heat the tortillas according to the package instructions, or heat in an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds per side. You can also heat it directly on a gas burner for a few seconds to get char marks on the edges.
- Assemble the tacos. Slice each fish stick into ½-inch pieces and add onto each tortilla. Top with mango salsa, a drizzle of sour cream or lime crema, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste, and serve.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to store: Like all tacos, these are best eaten fresh and warm since reheating can be a bit of a task. However, if you have leftovers, store everything in separate containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- How to reheat: Reheat fish sticks in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes until warmed through. You can reheat the tortillas the same way that you warmed them the first time. Then assemble, and enjoy.
More Taco Recipes
- Fish Tacos with Lime Crema
- Mexican Ground Beef Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema Slaw
- Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos (Carnitas)
- Vegan Chickpea Tacos
- Korean Beef Steak Tacos
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.