Oven-baked loaded sheet pan nachos are a crowd pleaser for an easy weeknight dinner or an crave-worthy appetizer to serve on game day. Arrange layers of tortilla chips, ground beef, beans, corn, black olives, and cheese in a sheet pan, bake, and load up with the best nacho toppings like tomatoes, jalapeños, and sour cream. Every bite of these sheet pan nachos are savoury, a little spicy, and packed with so much flavour. The best part? You can make it in under 30 minutes.
It really just takes a few simple steps to throw this meal together. Plus, it's completely customizable with your favourite ingredients. You can switch up the protein, the cheese, and the toppings. I love serving adding Easy Guacamole and Pico de Gallo Chunky Salsa to my toppings or on the side for extra dipping. Or make it a complete Mexican-inspired fiesta with Fish Tacos with Lime Crema, Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema Slaw, or Baked Chicken Quesadillas.
To make easy sheet pan nachos, you will need the following ingredients:
- ground beef - cooked with olive oil and garlic, and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne (optional). You can try this with other protein such as shredded chicken, steak or pulled pork, or leave the beef completely out for a vegetarian version.
- tortilla chips
- black beans - one 15 ounce can of black beans, or cook ¾ cup of dry black beans.
- corn kernels
- black olives
- cheese - any melty cheese will work. I used both white cheddar cheese and yellow cheddar cheese. Cheddar cheese and Monterrey Jack, or a Tex Mex cheese blend are great alternatives.
- toppings - Add whatever toppings that you like. I used tomatoes, jalapeños, green onions and sour cream. Some other toppings to add are avocados, guacamole, red onions, cilantro, ranch or spicy ranchera sauce.
How to Make the Best Sheet Pan Nachos
- Cook the ground beef. Heat oil in a skillet for 2 minutes over medium high heat until the hot oil sizzles and shimmers. Add ground beef and garlic. Stir well to cook for 5-7 minutes until browned. Make sure to break up beef into small pieces to help even browning. Stir in seasoning including salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper (optional) until well combined. Set aside.
- Bake the nachos with toppings. Arrange tortilla chips evenly on a half sheet pan. Sprinkle cooked beef, black beans, corn, black olives and cheese evenly on top. Bake in a 400 F preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the melted cheese turns golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with additional toppings. Serve immediately and top with tomatoes, jalapeno, and green onions. Drizzle sour cream on top.
- How to store: Transfer nachos to an airtight container and store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- How to reheat: Transfer nachos to a sheet pan and heat at 350 F for 5-10 minutes until crispy. I like to add extra cheese when I reheat because we usually finish the really cheesy pieces in the first round.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- One Pan Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Tandoori Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken with Cranberries
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.