Preparing a Mexican fiesta for dinner tonight and need the perfect Mexican sides to pair with it? Whether you are making tacos, fajitas, or enchiladas, and you are wondering "what to serve with Mexican food", you are in the right place. We are sharing over 25 of the best Mexican side dishes including everything from rice, veggies, dips, soup, salad, and more. These recipes are perfect for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or anytime you are craving a little fiesta.
Best Mexican Side Dishes
How to Make Ahead and Store
You can make many of these Mexican side dish recipes ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer for up to 3 months. Otherwise, you can prepare the ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and/or cook. Check the individual recipes for full make ahead and storing instructions.
Depending on the recipe, reheat leftovers on the stove over medium-low heat, in place the air fryer or the oven at 300F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through, or in the microwave. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
More Mexican Recipes
- 30 Best Mexican Recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Beef and Bean Burritos
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Fish Tacos with Lime Crema
More Side Dish Recipes
- 25 Side Dishes for Chicken
- 25 Side Dishes for Salmon
- 25 Side Dishes for Ham
- 25 Side Dishes for Steak
- 25 BBQ Side Dishes
- 40 Vegetable Side Dishes
- 30 Potato Side Dishes
Did You Make Any of These Mexican Side Dishes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of Mexican side dish recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Wondering what to serve with Mexican food? Browse over 25 of the best Mexican side dishes including rice, veggies, dips, soup, salad, and more. One of my favorite recipes is this Mexican Street Corn.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium sweet corn on the cob, husks removed
- ¼ cup Parmesan or cotija cheese, crumbled
- chili powder (optional, for a spicy kick)
- Preheat the grill to 400 F, about 5-6 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well until smooth and evenly mixed. Set aside for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to infuse into each other.
- Place the corn on the grill and grill for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely charred and cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- You can also roast the corn in the oven at 400 F for 25 minutes or cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. However, grilling yields a sweeter and creamier taste.
- Spread and brush the sauce evenly over the corn and top with Parmesan (or cojita cheese). Drizzle with extra lime juice, cilantro, and a sprinkle of chili powder, if desired.
Mexican street corn is meant to eat fresh off the grill, so I wouldn't recommend preparing the elote in advance. You can prepare the sauce in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to spread on the corn. If you do happen to have leftovers, I would suggest storing the corn separately and assembling when it is ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 25 best mexican side dishes, mexican side dishes, mexican sides