Are you preparing ham tonight for dinner and need the perfect side dishes to go along with it? Whether you are roasting a whole ham to serve a crowd during the holidays or are cooking ham slices for a more intimate dinner any night of the week, and you are wondering "what to serve with ham", you are in the right place. We are sharing over 25 of the best side dishes for ham including everything from healthy vegetable sides like roasted vegetables, soup, and salad, to hearty sides like mac and cheese and bread.
Best Ham Side Dishes
How to Make Ahead and Store
You can make many of these ham side dish recipes ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer for up to 3 months. Otherwise, you can prepare the ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and/or cook. Check the individual recipes for full make ahead and storing instructions.
To reheat, place any leftovers in the air fryer or the oven at 300F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through, or on the stovetop over medium-low heat (depending on the recipe). If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
More Side Dish Recipes
- 25 Side Dishes for Chicken
- 25 Side Dishes for Salmon
- 25 Side Dishes for Steak
- 25 BBQ Side Dishes
- 40 Vegetable Side Dishes
- 30 Potato Side Dishes
Did You Make Any of These Side Dishes for Ham?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of side dish recipes to serve with ham. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 25 best side dishes for ham including healthy vegetable sides like roasted vegetables, soup, and salad, to hearty sides like mac and cheese and bread. One of my favorite ham side dishes are these roasted vegetables.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb. medium asparagus, ends trimmed and halved
- 5-6 radishes (½ lb.), ends trimmed and halved
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, carrots, asparagus, radishes, parsnips and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Arrange the vegetable mixture in a single layer on a large half sheet baking pan.
- Bake at for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and golden brown. Gently shake the sheet pan halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 25 side dishes for ham, ham side dishes, ham sides, what to serve with ham, how to serve ham, easy side dishes