We are two weeks away from the Super Bowl! Join me this year on my "Countdown the the Super Bowl" series! Over the next 2 weeks I will be sharing new game day recipes for your all your entertaining needs! First up, classic baked sweet potato wedges with homemade honey mustard dipping sauce!
Baked sweet potato wedges are a nice change from regular white potatoes and they pair amazingly well with warm spices. The combination of salty, sweet, and a hint of spice make these the perfect appetizer or side dish for any occasion.
Plus it doesn't hurt that this recipe is so easy to make. It takes literally 5-10 minutes to prep and 20-25 minutes to bake. So double up and feed a large group because these will disappear SO fast!
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Everyone loves a good dipping sauce. You can serve these with a store-bought honey mustard or even ranch dressing, but I love making my own. You can use any type of mustard you have available in your fridge, mix in lots of good honey and you’ve got a seriously delicious, tangy accompaniment for these wedges. Don’t skimp on the chopped cilantro, either!
Pair baked sweet potato wedges with warm spices and a homemade honey mustard dipping sauce and serve as an appetizer or side on game day or on any occasion!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- large pinch of cayenne powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3 equal wedges, for a total of 6 wedges per potato. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, and cayenne powder. Toss to combine.
- Line up wedges in a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the largest wedges are tender.
- Meanwhile, make the honey mustard dipping sauce by mixing together dijon and honey in a small bowl.
- Top potato wedges with chopped cilantro and serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked sweet potato wedges, homemade honey mustard sauce, sweet potato recipe, wedges