If you haven’t clued on, I am kind of obsessed with fall dishes and starchy vegetables. So obviously I am obsessed with these herb-roasted sweet potatoes.
Herb-roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish for your holiday table or for your dinner table on any fall or winter night. Personally, as a self-proclaimed potato and sweet potato addict, I prepare this dish all year round. It’s one of my go-to’s since it is super easy, taking only about 10 minutes of prep time. Your oven basically does all the work.
These sweet potatoes are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. And every bite is bursting with flavour. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes is complimented perfectly with the thyme and other herbs. The Parmesan and parsley topping just takes it to another level.
Crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside, these flavourful, herb-roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect addition to your holiday table.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine all ingredients in baking tray or 10″ x 10″ casserole dish and toss to coat.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until tender and golden brown, giving it a stir halfway through baking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese (optional).
For extra crispy sweet potatoes, broil on high for 2-3 minutes at the end.