Tender caramelized honey roasted carrots are simple and inexpensive—but you wouldn’t know it based on how they taste! With baby carrots, olive oil, honey, and a hint of salt and pepper, this honey roasted carrots recipe comes together quickly and easily. Since fresh carrots don’t spoil fast, you likely have everything you need on hand for these honey roasted carrots at any given time, making this a great recipe for spontaneous chefs. Plus, it pairs well with almost any main course meal. With these flavours, everyone will want seconds.
Why You'll Love these Honey Roasted Carrots
- Whole baby carrots are beautiful and tasty. This recipe comes out looking professional and poised. And the best part is that anyone can elevate their cooking skills in just minutes with this dish.
- Simple ingredients and simple steps. With only three ingredients (plus salt and pepper), honey roasted carrots will be one of the easiest things you’ve ever made but still so flavourful and delicious.
- Honey roasted carrots pair with anything. Are you having salmon, chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, or something else for dinner? Honey roasted carrots are your go-to side dish since they taste great with all of these foods and more!
- Carrots have great health benefits. Chock full of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium, and antioxidants, carrots promote healthy cholesterol levels and eye health.
To make easy honey roasted carrots, you will a large half sheet baking pan and a few simple ingredients:
- baby carrots - you need 1 pound of baby carrots, or approximately 2 bunches. Baby carrots are slightly smaller than medium carrots and they still have their stems attached.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley - optional, for garnishing on top.
How to Make the Best Honey Roasted Carrots
These honey roasted carrots are seriously the easiest side dish to make. You literally toss everything in the sheet pan and bake.
First, place the carrots onto a parchment-lined half sheet baking pan. Then, make the honey glaze by combining olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Pour the glaze over the carrots and toss to combine. Arrange carrots in a single later and place sheet pan into the oven. Bake in a 400F preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until tender. Note that depending on how thick your carrots are, the roasting time may vary. Thicker carrots will need more time. To serve, garnish with fresh parsley on top (optional).
Tips and Tricks
- How to choose baby carrots: When choosing the perfect baby carrots, avoid the pre-peeled baby carrots for this recipe (which are actually whole carrots that are shaped into small pieces). Instead, choose small, fresh carrots that are smooth, bright orange, and firm. Carrots that bend, feel limp, or have discoloured tips are no good.
- How to store fresh carrots: When stored properly, whole raw carrots will stay fresh for up to four weeks. Yes, you read that right. Four weeks. To prolong their shelf-life, you can store them in an airtight container filled with cold water, and replace the water every few days.
- How to store roasted carrots: Honey roasted carrots keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
More Carrot Recipes
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- Maple Roasted Carrots
- Arugula and Roasted Carrot Salad
- Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
- One Pot Rice Pilaf with Carrots
- Carrot Cake Shortbread Cookies
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.