Honey roasted carrots are a sweet, savoury, and salty side dish that pairs well with almost any entree. With these flavours, everyone will want seconds.
- 1 lb. baby carrots (approximately 2 bunches), rinsed, peeled, and tops trimmed to 1-inch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large half sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place carrots onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper, and stir until smooth. Pour over the carrots and toss to combine.
- Arrange carrots in a single later and place sheet pan into the oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until tender. Note that depending on how thick your carrots are, the roasting time may vary. Thicker carrots will need more time.
- Garnish with fresh parsley on top (optional).
How to choose baby carrots: When choosing the perfect baby carrots, avoid the pre-peeled baby carrots for this recipe (which are actually whole carrots that are shaped into small pieces). Instead, choose small, fresh carrots that are smooth, bright orange, and firm. Carrots that bend, feel limp, or have discoloured tips are no good.
How to store fresh carrots: When stored properly, whole raw carrots will stay fresh for up to four weeks. Yes, you read that right. Four weeks. To prolong their shelf-life, you can store them in an airtight container filled with cold water, and replace the water every few days.
How to store roasted carrots: Honey roasted carrots keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey roasted carrots, roasted carrots with honey, honey glazed carrots, easy roasted carrots, sheet pan carrots, easter side