Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a quick and easy side dish that goes well with almost any meal. These veggies are crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside. They are healthy, delicious and flavorful. Add this vegan recipe to your holiday table or weeknight dinner table.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2-3 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes to a large half sheet baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread the sweet potatoes evenly in a single layer and roast for 35-40 minutes until tender and golden brown, giving it a quick stir halfway through baking. For extra crispy sweet potatoes, broil on high for 2-3 minutes at the end.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese on top (optional).
Make it more herby: For a more herby flavor, toss in 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves before roasting.
How to store: Place leftover roasted sweet potatoes in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat in a 400F preheated oven for about 10 minutes until warm and crisp, or in the air fryer at 400F for 5-10 minutes until warm.
How to freeze: Spread leftover sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours, then transfer into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can reheat these veggies straight out of the freezer (without thawing) by sautéing until heated through and crisped up. You can also reheat directly from frozen in a 425℉ preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: herb roasted sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes