Homemade ranch dip is creamy, tangy, flavorful, and delicious. This classic dip is so easy to make at home in just minutes, with the perfect combination of ingredients including fresh herbs and seasoning. Plus, it's so much better than store-bought dip because it contains real ingredients with no fillers or preservatives.
Why You'll Love This Homemade Ranch Dip
- It’s ready in five minutes. You won't believe how easy it is to make ranch dip at home. You simple combine all your ingredients in a bowl and mix them together until combined. You don't need a food processor or any fancy equipment, and there is no cooking or baking involved. Just less than 5 minutes of time from start to finish — maybe ten if you count washing the dishes.
- Loaded with classic ranch flavor. This ranch dip is creamy, tangy, and slightly sour with hints of lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs like dill and parsley. Plus, this dip made with fresh ingredients so it's so much more potent and flavorful than store-bought dip.
- So much better than store-bought dips. Store-bought ranch is convenient but they're typically filled with preservatives and filler ingredients, and sometimes even sugar. When you make homemade dips, you know exactly what ingredients are going in there. But since there are no preservatives, this homemade ranch lasts only one week. Some other easy last minute dips that you can make at home are Avocado Hummus, 7 Layer Dip, and Whipped Ricotta Dip.
To make this quick and easy Ranch Dip, you will need the following ingredients (full measurements in recipe card below):
- sour cream - or substitute with Greek yogurt.
- lemon juice
- fresh herbs - parsley and dill.
- seasoning - onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- whole milk - this is optional to thin out the consistency of the dip, if desired.
How to Make the Best Ranch Dip
In a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine all ingredients including sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. If you prefer ranch dip with a thinner consistency, add in some milk to thin it out.
Serve immediately or chilled.
Store homemade ranch dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to Serve
- Pita Bread, crackers or bread.
- Raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, cucumber, and cauliflower.
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites or Baked Cauliflower Nuggets.
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Baby Potatoes or Crispy Smashed Potatoes.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites or Baked BBQ Chicken Wings.
You can also serve this ranch dip as:
- A salad dressing in salads such as Garden Salad.
- A sandwich spread.
- Drizzled over rice bowls.
More Dip Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Homemade ranch dip is creamy, tangy, flavorful, and delicious. This classic dip is easy to make at home in minutes, and is so much better than store-bought.
- 1 and ½ cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup whole milk (optional, for a thinner dip)
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine all ingredients including sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. If you prefer ranch dip with a thinner consistency, add in some milk to thin it out.
- Serve immediately or chilled. You can store leftovers in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to store: Store homemade ranch dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade ranch dip, ranch, ranch dip, how to make ranch dip, homemade ranch