Quick and easy avocado hummus is creamy, smooth, and absolutely delicious. Loaded with chickpeas, avocados, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic, this vegan avocado dip is a bowl of creamy heaven that is healthy and packed with flavor. It's basically a combination between Hummus and Guacamole that takes just 5 minutes to make. You may never go back to regular hummus after trying this crave-worthy version.
Why You'll Love Avocado Hummus
- Homemade dips are better than store-bought. I am obsessed with making homemade dips because they are just better, healthier, tastier, and faster to make. Store-bought dips are typically packed with preservatives and filler ingredients. By making your own dip at home, you are in full control of exactly what is going in your food.
- It has the creamiest texture. But nutritional value aside, these two together create an incredible, creamy texture that is essential in the perfect dip. not it is not just the nutritious value of these together that is amazing. Chickpeas become incredibly creamy when blended, so just imagine what you get when you add some creamy ripe avocado and a few tablespoons of good olive oil in there. Heaven.
- It's healthy, nutritious, and all around good for you. The main two ingredients in this vegan dip are avocados and chickpeas. They are powerhouse ingredients when some amazing nutrients and health benefits. So when they come together, you know it's going to be amazing. They are high in protein, fibre, iron, vitamin E and copper. Can it get any healthier?
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy and delicious creamy avocado hummus, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- chickpeas - and save some reserved liquid to achieve the desired consistency that you want.
- tahini sesame paste - to get that classic hummus taste.
- extra virgin olive oil - to help the avocado hummus be smooth.
- lemon juice - you can also substitute with lime juice if you prefer.
- roasted sesame seeds - optional for garnish.
For a closer twist to guacamole, feel free to add in ¼ cup of cilantro and use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
How to Make Creamy Avocado Hummus
With just a few ingredients, you can create this delicious, creamy avocado hummus in just minutes. It requires almost no prep other than gathering the ingredients, draining the chickpeas, and peeling the avocado and garlic. Which is why this is the perfect recipe to make when you are having a last minute snack craving... because you can literally make this at the last minute.
To make a batch of avocado hummus, simply combine all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse. Then, add in some reserved chickpea water to thin out the hummus, until you reach your desired consistency. Transfer into a bowl, drizzle some olive oil on top, and garnish with toasted white and black sesame seeds.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to serve. This dip is best made and served immediately. If you let the dip sit out too long, it could start to turn brown because of the avocado in it. Serve with Pita Bread or slices of any crusty bread, as part of a Charcuterie Board with pita chips, breadsticks and/or veggies for dipping.
- Make ahead instructions: If you are planning to make this ahead of time, then store in an airtight container and be sure press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dip to prevent the surface from turning brown. Then, attach the lid of your container on top.
- How to store: Store leftover avocado hummus in an airtight container with plastic cling wrap directly pressed onto the surface of the dip to prevent browning. Store for up to 5 days.
More Dip Recipes
- Creamy Hummus
- Pesto Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Easy Tzatziki Sauce (Yogurt Cucumber Dip)
- Whipped Ricotta Dip
- Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip
- Baked Creamy Spinach Dip
- Queso Mexican Cheese Dip
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.