Healthy, 5-minute, smooth and creamy avocado hummus is the perfect blend of hummus and guacamole. It's hummus loaded with avocado, lime juice, and cilantro.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 (400 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve 3-4 tablespoons of the liquid and 10 chickpeas for garnish)
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- roasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place avocado, chickpeas, tahini, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt, in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in reserved liquid, one tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired creamy consistency that you like.
- Pour avocado hummus into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Garnish with reserved chickpeas (as is or roasted), roasted sesame seeds and some chopped avocado.
How to roast chickpeas for the topping: Toss in some olive oil, and roast in the air fryer at 350 F for 5-8 minutes. You can also bake them in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
How to serve avocado hummus. This dip is best made and served immediately. If you let the dip sit out too long, it will start to turn brown because of the avocados. Serve with some slices of homemade french baguettes, as part of a charcuterie board with pita chips, breadsticks and/or veggies for dipping. Or make some homemade pita bread to dip into.
Make ahead of time. If you are planning to make this ahead of time, then store in an airtight container and be sure press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dip to prevent the surface from turning brown. Then attach the lid of your container on top.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: avocado hummus, avocado dip, hummus, guacamole