Quick and easy avocado hummus is creamy, smooth, healthy, and delicious. Loaded with chickpeas and avocado, it's the perfect blend of hummus and guacamole.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 (400 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve 3-4 tablespoons of the liquid)
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- roasted sesame seeds, black and/or white (for garnish)
- Place avocado, chickpeas, tahini, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt, in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in reserved liquid, one tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired creamy consistency that you like.
- Pour avocado hummus into a shallow serving bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds.
This dip is best made and served immediately. If you let the dip sit out too long, it could start to turn brown because of the avocado in it. Serve with . Pita Bread or slices of any crusty bread, as part of a Charcuterie Board with pita chips, breadsticks and/or veggies for dipping.
Make ahead instructions: If you are planning to make this ahead of time, then store in an airtight container and be sure press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dip to prevent the surface from turning brown. Then, attach the lid of your container on top.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: avocado hummus, avocado dip, hummus, guacamole