If you own an air fryer, you know that almost anything can be made faster and even more delicious with the power of air frying— especially broccoli! Crispy air fryer broccoli is a healthy side dish that complements any main course so well. It's seasoned with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt, which packs on so much flavor. The best part? This quick and easy side takes only takes six minutes to cook. When it comes to last-minute recipe ideas, air fryer broccoli is one you need in your back pocket.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Broccoli
- Broccoli is a superfood. This popular veggie is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, including iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, folic acid, and vitamins A, C, E, K, and B! Air fryer broccoli is a side dish that you can feel good about eating.
- The joy of fried food without the grease. Cooking in an air fryer creates food that tastes delicious (if not better than when made using other cooking methods), and it’s much better for your health than traditional frying. Plus, it also takes the hassle out of cooking in the oven and cooks in a fraction of the time.
- You only need about 10 minutes. Even if you wait until your main dish is ready to serve, before you start cooking air fryer broccoli, you won’t hold up dinner. This side dish takes just 6 minutes in the air fryer—but it tastes like it took way longer!
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make quick and easy air fryer broccoli, you will need the following ingredients:
- broccoli florets
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning - you can substitute with any dried herbs such as dried oregano or thyme.
- for serving - you can serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top and a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss to combine until well mixed.
- Cook in the air fryer. Transfer the seasoned broccoli into the air fryer basket. Cook it at 400 F for 6-8 minutes, shaking the basket every 3 minutes, until browned and crispy on the edges.
- Serve. Serve warm with grated Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
Tips and Tricks
- Quick clean-up tip: If you want to lighten your load when cleaning the air fryer, line the basket with a piece of aluminium foil.
- How to store: First, allow the broccoli to cool to room temperature. Then, place any leftovers in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- How to reheat: You can reheat air fryer broccoli the same way you cooked it. Place in the air fryer at 350F for a few minutes until warmed through. Reheating time may vary depending on how much you try to reheat.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- The Best Breaded Fried Chicken Wings (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Jumbo Shrimp
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.