If I knew that you could make 6-minute air fryer asparagus when air fryers first hit the market, I would have ran to the nearest store to get my hands on this machine. You guys, 6 minutes. It's mind blowing.
Perfectly Cooked Asparagus
And this asparagus is so good. It's got a bit of a crunch on the outside, yet soft and tender inside. It's not dry (which happens when you air fry for 10 minutes - yes, I tried it). It's not soft and soggy (which happens when cooked too long in the oven or frying pan). It's just right.
It's still got its vivid and bright green colour. When the asparagus turns a light green, it's overcooked. Like I said, it's just right.
How to Make Air Fryer Asparagus
Well, let's state the obvious. You need an air fryer. I have the Philips Air Fryer and I love it. No complaints other than the air fryer basket is small and I want to fit MORE FOOD in there. But a small basket seems to be the general consensus amongst all air fryers.
You also need just a few simple ingredients:
- Olive oil - just a pinch
- Italiano seasoning - or any seasoning that you like
You basically toss your ingredients together, throw them into the air fryer. Turn it on and wait 6 minutes.
You can serve this asparagus alongside almost any main course dish. I like to serve it alongside some meaty dishes like chicken, lamb or seafood with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. Get your hands on a batch while it's still fresh and in season!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 12-Minute Crispy Roasted Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- The Best Breaded Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Dijon Garlic Marinade
- Air Fryer Black Cod with Black Bean Sauce
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Crisp on the outside and tender inside, air fryer asparagus cooks in just 6 minutes! It is tossed in very little olive oil with garlic and seasonings.
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthwise (approximately 12 pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon italiano seasoning
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine and coat the asparagus evenly. Transfer to air fryer basket.
- Turn air fryer on to 350 F and cook for 6 minutes, until asparagus is cooked through.
These instructions work best with a Philips Air Fryer (1.8 lb/2.75 qt). If you have larger or smaller air fryer, you will have to adjust the cook time. Just check in on the asparagus to make sure that it cooks through and that they don’t get too dry or burn.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer asparagus, asparagus, air fryer, air fryer vegetables, easy air fryer recipe,