Did you know that you can make tender and crispy "roasted" air fryer brussels sprouts in 12 minutes? AND with a quarter of the oil needed when roasting? Well, now you do.
Our new air fryer has been a total game changer for a wide variety of meals, especially roasted vegetables. We no longer have to wait 20 minutes for our oven to preheat, nor do we have to wait a longer amount of time to cook the same amount of vegetables. AND we cook the same vegetables with a fraction of the oil. Yup, game changer.
And when it comes to holiday dinner prep, or dinner prep any day of the week for that matter, time is of the essence. Your time is valuable, so why waste it waiting around if you don't need to?
How Do Brussels Sprouts Grow?
We recently had a family day out at a local pumpkin patch and when browsing the market, I noticed a long trunk-like stem with little brussels sprouts sprouting out of it. I then realized that I had no idea how brussels sprouts grew until that very moment. For some reason, I thought they individually sprouted out of the ground like cabbages do, since they are kind of like mini cabbages, but no. I was quite wrong. So, I obviously couldn't leave the farm without buying a couple stems.
The stems are also really easy to work with. To remove the sprouts from the stem, you just twist the brussels sprouts off.
Tender and crispy roasted air fryer brussels sprouts cooks in less than 12 minutes with very little oil. It is a holiday table game changer.
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine and coat brussels sprouts evenly. Transfer brussels sprouts to air fryer basket.
- Turn air fryer on to 350 F and cook for 12 minutes, until brussels sprouts are cooked through and golden brown on the edges.
- These instructions work best with a Philips Air Fryer (1.8 lb/2.75 qt). If you have larger or smaller air fryer, you will have to adjust the cook time. Just check in on the brussels sprouts every 5 minutes to make sure that it cooks through and that they don't burn.