Crispy, and tender, easy air fryer baby potatoes are a healthier take on a classic side dish without compromising on the taste or texture. They are golden and crispy on the outside, yet soft and fluffy inside. This easy side dish comes together with a few simple ingredients, minimal prep and just 20 minutes in the air fryer. Making a potato side dish has never been easier!
These air fryer baby potatoes are healthier than ones that you would traditionally roast in the oven because they have less fat and calories (less oil needed). AND they are quicker to make, taking half the time to cook than it would in the oven.
So it makes sense that we are kind of obsessed with our air fryer. It has completely changed the way we cook in our home, and we love to try everything in it. From breaded air fryer fried chicken wings and honey garlic chicken wings, to roasted vegetables and "stir fries", to lamb chops and fresh black cod. There is really nothing that you cannot make in it.
- baby potatoes - 1 lb. of baby potatoes, washed and halved. You could also substitute with any kind potatoes that you have on hand, just cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- olive oil - a little olive oil required to cook these.
- seasoning - paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning (or Old Bay seasoning), balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
How to Make the Best Easy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Prep the potatoes. Wash the baby potatoes and slice them in half. Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer on 375°F for 5 minutes.
- Combine ingredients. Place all ingredients into in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Cook in the air fryer. Transfer potatoes into the air fryer basket and arrange them in a single layer or slightly overlapping. Air fry at 375°F for 20-22 minutes shaking the basket halfway through, until the potato skins are golden brown and tender. Insert a fork to check doneness. If you can easily insert a fork, then it's fork tender and ready.
- Cool and serve. Let it cool for 5 minutes and serve. Serve as it, or garnish with some chopped parsley on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What air fryer do you recommend? I use the Philips Digital Turbostar Air Fryer and highly recommend it. We love it and have only good things to say about it.
- Can I double this recipe? Yes, absolutely. If you double or triple the recipe, you may have to make it in a few batches. To get crispy baby potatoes, you will need to arrange them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. If you start stacking them up and overcrowding the basket, they will not cook evenly and you may not get that crispy texture.
- Can I still make this in the oven? Yes, you can make this easily in the oven. Spread the fries in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 425 F, until fork tender
- How do I store them? To store, transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- How do I reheat them? To reheat, transfer into a 300F preheated air fryer basket and heat for 5-10 minutes, or in the oven until warmed through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- The Best Breaded Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- 6-Minute Air Fryer Asparagus
- Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Dijon Garlic Marinade
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 10-Minute Air Fryer Jumbo Shrimp
- Air Fryer Spring Vegetables "Stir Fry" with Tofu
- Air Fryer Black Cod with Black Bean Sauce
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.