Quick and simple air fryer spring vegetable "stir-fry" with tofu is the ultimate easy dinner. In just a little over 10 minutes, including prep, you can start munching on freshly cooked vegetables tossed in an incredible combination of flavours. It's super healthy (packed with nutrients), it's vegan and it's gluten-free.
Ingredients in Spring Vegetable Stir-Fry
To make this "stir-fry", you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- extra firm tofu - tofu cooks beautifully in the air fryer because the air fryer extracts the water content from the tofu and gives it a crusty outer texture and keeps it nice and tender inside.
- brussels sprouts
- garlic - for flavour.
- seasoning - Italiano seasoning
- sesame oil - adds incredible depth of flavour but can be substituted with olive oil, if that's all you have on hand.
- soy sauce - can keep this dish gluten-free by using gluten-free soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- roasted white sesame seeds - for garnish
I used asparagus, brussels sprouts, and mushrooms in this dish, but you can customize it with whatever vegetables that you have on hand. Some of my other favourites to use are green beans, broccoli, or cauliflower.
How to Make Air Fryer Spring Vegetables
- First, combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and toss to combine.
- Next, transfer into air fryer basket and air fry at 350 F for 7-8 minutes, depending on how well done you would like the vegetables.
- Lastly, remove and serve with steamed rice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I stir-fry these spring vegetables on the stove instead? Absolutely. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok or frying pan. Add vegetables and seasoning and continuously stir to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Can I double the recipe? Yes, depending on the size of your air fryer basket. Filling up the basket ½ full is ideal, but make sure you don't fill more than ⅔ of the basket, otherwise the bottom layer will not get cooked as well. You can also double or triple the recipe and air-fry in batches.
- Is this gluten-free? Use gluten-free soy sauce to make this dish gluten-free.
- How do you serve this stir-fry? This stir-fry is delicious served with a bowl of steamed rice or coconut rice.
Other Vegan Recipes
- 12-Minute Crispy Roasted Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 6-Minute Air Fryer Asparagus
- Easy Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- 10-Minute Nutty Green Beans
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Simple air fryer spring vegetable "stir-fry" with tofu is the ultimate easy dinner ready in less than 10 minutes. It's healthy, vegan and gluten-free.
- 50 grams extra firm tofu, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 stalks asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 4 brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italiano seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (or olive oil)
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- roasted white sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and toss to combine.
- Transfer into air fryer basket and air fry at 350 F for 7-8 minutes, depending on how well done you would like the vegetables. Give the basket a shake halfway through.
- Remove from air fryer basket, sprinkle some roasted white sesame seeds on top, and serve with a side of steamed rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: spring vegetables, vegan stir fry, air fryer, stir fry, air fryer vegetables