10-minute air fryer jumbo shrimp is perfectly juicy and tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside. It's garlicky, marinated in Asian seasonings, and packed with flavour. It takes less than 10 minutes to prep and just 10 minutes to cook. So so easy and so delicious. It's literally the best way to cook shrimp.
Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
To make this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- jumbo shrimp
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- Italian seasoning
- ground black pepper - optional.
- white sesame seeds - for garnish.
- cilantro - for garnish.
- spicy mayo sauce - made with mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lime juice.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Jumbo Shrimp
The best thing about the air fryer is that pretty much any recipe you make in it is easy. They are usually easy to prep, quick cooking, and so juicy and flavourful. This jumbo shrimp is no exception.
The first step is to prepare the shrimp. Cut through the shrimp shell along the back with kitchen scissors. Remove veins, rinse and pat dry with paper towel. I kept the shells on because I find that it keeps the shrimp inside juicier and more tender. You can of course choose to remove the shells. Either way, it is going to be delicious.
Then, marinate the shrimp by placing it in a large ziploc bag (or mixing bowl). Add in all the seasoning (olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, and black pepper). Seal the bag and gently press the marinade around the shrimp to coat. Set aside for 20 minutes.
To air fryer the shrimp, transfer the marinated shrimp into the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket. A batch of 10-15 shrimps is ideal. Air fry the shrimp at 350 F for 10 minutes, until the shells are crispy and orange. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
Transfer the shrimps onto a plate, sprinkle white sesame seeds and cilantro on top, and serve with spicy mayo sauce. and serve with spicy mayo sauce. To make the spicy mayo sauce, combine mayonnaise, sriracha and lime juice in a small bowl and stir well with a spoon.
Frequently Asked Questions when Preparing Shrimp
- Is it better to cook the shrimp with the shell on or off? I like to keep the shells on because I find that it keeps the shrimp inside juicier and more tender and adds a lot of flavour. If you don't want to keep the shells on, easily remove them at the same time that you are deveining the shrimp. Whether you choose to keep the shell on or remove it, it is going to be delicious.
- Is it necessary to devein shrimp? It is really up to personal preference and aesthetics when deciding to devein shrimp or not.
- How do you devein shrimp with the shell on? It's quite easy. Use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut a slit through the shell, along the back of the shrimp. Remove the veins and rinse the shrimp clean. Doing this also makes it easier to peel the shrimp when cooked.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- The Best Breaded Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- 6-Minute Air Fryer Asparagus
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Spring Vegetables "Stir Fry" with Tofu
- Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Dijon Garlic Marinade
- Air Fryer Black Cod with Black Bean Sauce
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.