Grilled corn on the cob is the easiest recipe to throw on the grill this summer. It's amazing what happens when you throw corn on the grill and watch it transform right before your eyes with beautiful char marks, delicious flavor, and the best texture. Top it off with butter and salt for a classic that you won't be able to get enough of. This quick side dish is perfect for a summer picnic or bbq outside, or when you want to take dinner inside when it's just too hot outside.
Why You’ll Love Grilled Corn on the Cob
- It’s quick and easy. From start to finish, you need about 10 minutes to make this grilled corn on the cob come to life. Plus, sometimes simple is just better! This recipe is so easy that anyone can do it, even if you’ve never used a grill before.
- It’s a versatile side dish. There’s nothing better than salty, buttery corn to complement dinner. And grilling corn adds another layer of smokey flavor to this traditional side dish. Plus, you can top it with whatever you want to switch up the flavors. Try it with garlic butter like in our Garlic Butter Corn on the Cob or top it with a delicious Mexican cheese sauce and make Mexican Street Corn (Elote).
- It's good for you. Corn does more than taste delicious. It also contains essential B vitamins and minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper, iron, and manganese. That means you can eat good and feel good!
To make delicious grilled corn on the cob, you need just a few ingredients:
- sweet corn on the cob
- butter - for serving.
- salt - for serving.
Grilled corn on the cob is delicious with just butter and salt. If you want to switch things up, try also adding some spices such as garlic powder, paprika, or oregano.
How to Make the Best Grilled Corn on the Cob
Making grilled corn on the cob is probably the easiest summer recipe you can make. First, preheat the grill to high (or to 400F if using an electric grill or grill pan), and grill for about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely charred and cooked through. Spread butter on top and season with salt to taste.
You can also roast the corn in the oven at 400 F for 25 minutes or cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. However, grilling yields a sweeter and creamier taste.
How to Serve
Serve grilled corn on the cob at your next summer party alongside all the best summer recipes such as:
- Classic Juicy Hamburgers
- Cajun Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Orange Chicken Skewers
- Macaroni Salad
- Potato Salad
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- To husk or not to husk: For this simplified recipe, you husk the corn by completely removing the husks. But some people swear by leaving the husks on for grilling. If you prefer this, husk the corn enough to remove all the hairs, then replace the husk (don’t rip it off the end, just peel it back). If using this method, you can also soak them in water for a few minutes before grilling.
- How to store: You can keep grilled corn on the cob in the fridge for 3-5. You can eat it cold or hot. To reheat, heat on the grill or in a 300 F preheated oven for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
More Summer Grill Recipes
- Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers
- Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- Souvlaki Beef Shish Kebabs
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers with Pineapple
- Mediterranean Chicken Patties
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.