Garlic shrimp skewers are delicious, full of fresh flavor, and grilled to perfection. These shrimp kabobs are marinated in a delicious garlic, herb, and lemon mixture, threaded onto skewers, and grilled (or baked or air fried). The best part? They are quick and easy, making them the perfect meal on busy summer weeknights, but fancy enough to serve up a crowd at a cookout.
Why You’ll Love Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- They’re easy to make. These garlic shrimp skewers are so quick and easy to make. All you need to do is mix together a simple marinade, soak the shrimp for 15 minutes, then grill them in just 10 minutes. With barely any steps, you’ll be surprised how little effort can yield such a great meal!
- A powerful clean protein = a healthy meal. Shrimp is protein-dense and contains no carbs. But it does have over 20 different vitamins and minerals, including selenium, iodine, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. So you can feel good about eating these garlic shrimp skewers, knowing they taste great and are good for your body!
- They are fun to eat. Put shrimp on a stick, and it’s immediately a better meal. Shrimp kebabs make lunch and dinner more fun, whether you’re cooking out for a crowd or just serving your family (or yourself!) at home.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make easy delicious garlic shrimp skewers, you will need the following ingredients:
- shrimp - I would recommend using large white shrimp or even jumbo shrimp.
- olive oil - You can also substitute with any vegetable oil.
- lemon juice - you can substitute the lemon for lime for a tangier taste.
- Italian seasoning - you can also substitute with double the amount of fresh herbs such as fresh oregano and thyme.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- Marinate. In a large mixing bowl, combine shrimp with oil, garlic, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinate. You can also marinate the shrimp with seasoning in a sealable Ziploc bag.
- Skewer. Thread the marinated shrimp onto skewers, adding 4-5 shrimp to each.
- Cook. Lightly brush oil over the grill pan. Preheat the grill over medium high heat for 3 minutes until the oil starts sizzling and shimmering. Place the skewers evenly apart on the grill pan and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turn orange and completely opaque. (You can also bake shrimp or air fry the shrimp at 375F for 12-15 minutes).
- Serve. Drizzle with extra lemon juice if desired and serve.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to store: Keep leftover garlic shrimp kabobs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Don’t let them sit out for over 2 two hours at room temperature (or more than an hour if it’s a hot day).
- How to reheat: Reheat shrimp skewers in a 350-400F oven for 5-15 minutes until warmed through (the hotter the oven, the faster it will cook through). You can also remove them from the skewers and reheat in the air fryer at 350 F for 5 minutes. I would not recommend microwaving seafood, including shrimp, because it makes the meat rubbery and tough.
More Shrimp Recipes
- 30 Best Shrimp Recipes
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Shrimp Boil
- Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Shrimp Taco Salad
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.