Summer corn salad is loaded to the brim with grilled corn, sweet cherry tomatoes, ricotta salata cheese, and fresh basil for that signature summer taste. It's all tossed in a super simple vinaigrette that brings out all the flavors of the fresh ingredients. The best part? You can throw this all together in just 25 minutes, including prep! This is the side dish that your summer cookouts have been missing.
Why You'll Love Summer Corn Salad
- Fresh seasonal ingredients. There seriously is nothing better than fresh-off-the-grill corn on the cob in summer, except possibly taking that corn and turning it into a light, flavourful salad which doesn’t require eating with your hands.
- Quick and easy. This delicious summer salad is made with just a handful of simple ingredients takes just 25 minutes to come together, and that includes all the prep (chopping up the veggies) and grilling the corn.
- The perfect summer side dish. Serve this fresh salad at your next summer barbecue or potluck, alongwith some other staples like Italian Pasta Salad, Macaroni Salad, and Juicy Hamburgers. You will find yourself sitting outside on a patio eating this corn salad by the spoonful all summer long, and unwilling to share with your family!
Ingredients in Summer Grilled Corn Salad
To make this delicious grilled corn salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- corn - this salad is best with grilled corn on the cob, but you can easily substitute it with frozen corn and enjoy this any time of year. Thaw the corn in boiling water for a few minutes. To get it toasty, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once sizzling hot, sauté the kernels for a few minutes until browned.
- cherry tomatoes - free free to substitute with grape tomatoes or roma tomatoes (cut into 1-inch pieces).
- ricotta salata cheese - ricotta salata is a salty cheese closer in line with feta than fresh ricotta. I like adding it to this salad because it won’t melt or get mushy if you’re serving this outside during a cookout. You can also substitute this with feta cheese.
- scallions - to add extra bite, throw in lots of sliced scallions.
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaves - if you don’t have basil, try subbing in fresh mint for an equally refreshing and fun flavour.
- salt and pepper
This corn salad is also completely customizable. You can add in whatever vegetables that you have on hand. Some of my favorites to add are cucumber, grilled zucchini, bell peppers, and red onion.
How to Make the Best Summer Corn Salad
- Grill the corn on the cob. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Place each ear of corn on a large piece of aluminum foil. Put ½ tablespoon of butter on top of each, then roll and seal in the foil. When grill is hot, add wrapped ears of corn and grill about 5 minutes per side, for a total of 15 minutes. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the corn kernels off. When corn is cool enough to touch, slice kernels off and place in a large bowl.
- Toss in remaining ingredients. Add scallions, tomatoes, ricotta salata, and olive oil, then toss to combine. Then, add salt and pepper, taste, and adjust seasoning as needed. Add freshly torn basil leaves right into the bowl, give one final toss, and then serve warm or at room temperature.
How to Serve Grilled Corn Salad
Serve this delicious grilled corn salad with your favorite grilled summer dishes:
- Burgers. Serve this with Classic Juicy Hamburgers, Fish Burgers with Creamy Slaw, or Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers.
- Grilled Chicken Skewers. Try it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers, Teriyaki Chicken Skewers with Pineapple, Persian Saffron Chicken Kebabs, or Orange Chicken Skewers.
- Beef. Go for a classic like Ribeye Steak or Souvlaki Beef Shish Kebabs.
- Seafood. I like to pair this with Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers, Grilled Shrimp Boil, or Greek Salmon.
- Lamb. Try Garlic Dijon Lamb Chops or Greek Lamb Souvlaki Skewers.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to cut corn off the cob: Lay the corn on the cob down and use a sharp knife to slice off a strip of kernels lengthwise. Repeat on all sides.
- Make ahead instructions: If you need meals on the go, divide the salad into smaller portions in meal prep containers that you can easily take with you. Otherwise, store it in a large container.
- How to store: Store this corn salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
More Summer Recipes
Serve this grilled corn salad at your next cookout along with some of my favourite summer dishes:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 15-Minute Fish Burgers with Creamy Slaw
- Teriyaki Grilled Salmon
- Easy Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.