There is nothing better than fresh-off-the-grill corn on the cob in summer, except possibly taking that corn and turning it into a light, flavourful salad which doesn’t require eating with your hands. This summer corn salad is loaded to the brim with sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, which gives it that signature summer taste. Plus, it's got ricotta salata cheese to give it that extra hit of flavour. This is the side dish your cookouts have been missing!
Ingredients in Summer Grilled Corn Salad
To make this grilled corn salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- cherry tomatoes - or grape tomatoes.
- ricotta salata cheese - ricotta salata is a salty cheese closer in line with feta than fresh ricotta. I like adding it to this salad because it won’t melt or get mushy if you’re serving this outside during a cookout.
- scallions - to add a little bite, you can throw in lots of sliced scallions.
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaves - if you don’t have basil, try subbing in fresh mint for an equally refreshing and fun flavour.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Summer Corn Salad
- Grill the corn on the cob. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Place each ear of corn on a large piece of aluminum foil. Put ½ tablespoon of butter on top of each, then roll and seal in the foil. When grill is hot, add wrapped ears of corn and grill about 5 minutes per side, for a total of 15 minutes. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the corn kernels off. When corn is cool enough to touch, slice kernels off and place in a large bowl.
- Toss in remaining ingredients. Add scallions, tomatoes, ricotta salata, and olive oil, then toss to combine. Then, add salt and pepper, taste, and adjust seasoning as needed. Add freshly torn basil leaves right into the bowl, give one final toss, and then serve warm or at room temperature.
You will find yourself sitting outside on a patio eating this corn salad by the spoonful all summer long, and unwilling to share with your family!!
More Summer Recipes
Serve this grilled corn salad at your next cookout along with some of my favourite summer dishes:
- 15-Minute Fish Burgers with Creamy Slaw
- Easy Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers
- Teriyaki Grilled Salmon
- Easy Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Veggie Burger with Lima Beans
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.