What makes the perfect summer day even more perfect? It's juicy, it's flakey, packed with flavour and has the perfect golden colour. Intrigued? I am talking about 15-minute fish burgers with creamy slaw.
So, if the name doesn't give it away, once prepped, you can cook these fish burgers in under 15 minutes!! That basically means that this is 1. the perfect weeknight meal, and 2. an easy option that comes together quickly when entertaining guests. I mean... fish burgers for the win. Am I right??
So these fish burgers are kind of amazing on their own. Literally, I can eat this plain in a bun. But thrown some creamy slaw in the mix and you have got a match made in heaven! The slaw is pretty simple to put together, and you basically prepare it while you are cooking the fish. You literally just throw together some cabbage, mayonnaise, mustard, and (here is the secret ingredient) a touch of tomato sauce.
Serve these with a side of crispy french fries, or a side salad. Why not also make your own easy homemade hamburger buns for these burgers in under 3 hours with only 15 minutes of actual prep work. They are soft, fluffy, and airy.
Family Cooking VideoPrint
This 15-minute fish burgers with creamy slaw is juicy, flakey, and packed with flavour. So easy that it's the perfect summer weeknight meal!
- 1 lb. wild snapper (or any other white fish), cut into 4 fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 cup of coleslaw salad mix
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- Sprinkle and rub roasted garlic pepper, salt and pepper into fish fillets and evenly coat. Dip fillets lightly in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Carefully add the fillets to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, flipping once when the colour begins to turn golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the slaw. In a small bowl, combine coleslaw salad mix, mayonnaise, sweet relish, ketchup, and mustard and mix together.
- Lightly toast the burger buns and place a fish fillet on the bottom of each. Squeeze some lemon juice on the fillets (optional). Then, top with a few tomato slices and slaw, and serve.
Make your own easy homemade hamburger buns in under 3 hours with only 15 minutes of actual prep work. They are soft, fluffy, and airy.
For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free buns.