This 15-minute fish burgers with creamy slaw is juicy, flakey, and packed with flavour. So easy that it’s the perfect summer weeknight meal!
- 1 lb. wild snapper (or any other white fish), cut into 4 fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 cup of coleslaw salad mix
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- Sprinkle and rub roasted garlic pepper, salt and pepper into fish fillets and evenly coat. Dip fillets lightly in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Carefully add the fillets to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, flipping once when the colour begins to turn golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the slaw. In a small bowl, combine coleslaw salad mix, mayonnaise, sweet relish, ketchup, and mustard and mix together.
- Lightly toast the burger buns and place a fish fillet on the bottom of each. Squeeze some lemon juice on the fillets (optional). Then, top with a few tomato slices and slaw, and serve.
For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free buns.