It doesn't get any easier and tastier than curry chicken fried rice, packed with chicken, mushrooms, peas, rice, and curry flavours. So so delicious. Plus, you can whip up this super quick and easy one pan chicken dinner in less than 10 minutes. The dream weeknight dinner right here folks.
Fried rice is one of our go to meals because it is so quick and easy to make, and a great way to use up any vegetables that are sitting in the fridge. Some of my other favourites are vegetarian fried rice and seafood fried rice with shrimp. All of these recipes take just 10 minutes or less to make. They are literally the easiest weeknight dinners.
Ingredients in Curry Chicken Fried Rice
- vegetable oil - needed to stir fry.
- onions and garlic - for flavour.
- chicken breast - cooked boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into ½ inch cubes. I prefer chicken breast, but you can use any part of the chicken. This is a great way to use up any leftovers from a whole roast chicken or roasted spatchcock chicken.
- mushrooms - or use any vegetables that you have on hand. Some of my favourites that go really well with this are broccoli and cauliflower.
- long grain white rice - you can use freshly cooked rice or leftover rice.
- peas - I used frozen peas directly from the freezer.
- yellow curry powder
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley - to garnish at the end.
How to Make the Best Curry Chicken Fried Rice
First, heat oil in a large wok or skillet. over medium high heat for 2 minutes until the oil starts to sizzle and shimmer. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant. (Optional: You can add in 1 or 2 beaten eggs and stir fry until fluffy).
Add cubed chicken and mushrooms. Stir fry for another minute to combine. Add in cooked rice and frozen peas. Stir fry for 2 minutes with a spatula to mix everything together.
Add all the seasoning including curry powder, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir for another 2 minutes to combine to evenly distribute the seasonings.
Serve warm on a plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
How to Store Fried Rice
I prefer fried rice when it is freshly cooked. But you can easily store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in the microwave or heat on a skillet over the stove for a few minutes.
More Rice Recipes
- 10-Minute Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Leftover Turkey Fried Rice
- 10-Minute Seafood Fried Rice
- One Pot Coconut Curry Chicken and Rice
- One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.