Flavourful curry chicken fried rice with chicken, mushrooms, peas, rice, and curry flavours is so easy to make in less than 10 minutes on busy weeknights.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped (1 small onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cups long grain white rice, cooked (warm or cold)
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes until the oil starts to sizzle and shimmer. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant. (Optional: You can add in 1 or 2 beaten eggs and stir fry until fluffy).
- Add cubed chicken and mushrooms. Stir fry for another minute to combine. Add in precooked rice and frozen peas. Stir fry for 2 minutes with a spatula to mix everything together.
- Add all the seasoning including curry powder, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir for another 2 minutes to combine to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Serve warm on a plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
How to store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in the microwave or heat on a skillet over the stove for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: curry chicken fried rice, chicken fried rice, curry fried rice, one pot chicken curry and rice, chicken curry fried rice, curried fried rice