Tired of searching the internet for a collection of recipes to serve at your holiday dinner this year? Look no further! I have compiled the perfect Thanksgiving menu for you, all in one place.
Thanksgiving is literally right around the corner. So, let’s take care of the biggest item on the menu — turkey. And boy do I have the easiest, best and juiciest roast turkey ever for you! It cooks faster than using a traditional method and it requires NO brining! Winning!
Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast. Gluten-Free
For a small, intimate Thanksgiving dinner, try easy, juicy roasted turkey breast with crispy skin. We are talking tender juicy meat with crispy skin, roasted on a layer of caramelized onions.
Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast. Gluten-Free
Soft, tender and juicy slow cooker turkey breast with the crispiest skin and fresh fall herbs is the easiest way to cook a turkey this holiday season.
Thanksgiving is not the same without thick and delicious, classic homemade turkey gravy made using leftover drippings and homemade turkey stock. The leftover drippings come from the whole roast turkey recipe above and the homemade turkey stock will require the turkey neck and giblets. There is seriously no need for powdered gravy if you are already making a roast turkey dinner!!
This silky smooth and delicious, easy 2-ingredient turkey gravy takes less than 10 minutes to prepare using turkey drippings and no turkey stock.
>> Cranberry Sauce
Easy Make-Ahead Cranberry Sauce. Vegan, Gluten-Free
Finally, a recipe that you can make days before Thanksgiving! Easy make-ahead cranberry sauce. You literally have no excuse to serve cranberry sauce out of a can when it only takes 15 minutes and 4 ingredients to make. This recipe will just take the stress out of the holidays!
Cranberry Walnut Apple Stuffing. Vegetarian
I love combining sweet and savory flavours, and this stuffing is the perfect example of why it works so well. Cranberry walnut bread paired with sautéed apples, onions, and rosemary is exactly what your holiday table needs! Hello cranberry walnut apple stuffing!
Vegetarian Cornbread Stuffing. Vegetarian
Easy vegetarian cornbread stuffing is the perfect make-ahead side dish to serve this Thanksgiving. So flavourful, moist and soft, yet crispy golden on top.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
This delicious and easy roasted butternut squash soup brings all the taste of the holidays in one spoon. Rosemary, sage and thyme, need I say more? This soup is just all around comfort food… without the guilt! That’s right, this soup is super healthy. It’s vegan, gluten-free and whole 3o compliant. Which also means that there is no cream, no milk, no butter!! Yet this soup has a very creamy and smooth texture from the butternut squash. You really can’t get any healthier than that!
Sweet Potato Soup. Vegan, Gluten-Free
One pot sweet potato soup is super silky, creamy and vegan, and packed with fall flavours. Make this quick and easy fall and winter soup in 30 minutes.
Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Soup. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
A handful of ingredients and a few simple steps makes creamy cauliflower and garlic soup one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever. Caramelized cauliflower, garlic and onion in this soup not only enhances the flavour, but it also gives the soup a gorgeous, golden colour.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Soup. Vegan, Gluten-free
Creamy roasted butternut squash and cauliflower soup has all the fall feels and is vegan and gluten-free. Plus, it's super easy to make in a sheet pan.
More Thanksgiving Soups:
- 30-Minute Butternut Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Toasted Croutons
- Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
- Carrot Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Creamy Pumpkin and Corn Chowder
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Skinny Creamy Artichoke Soup
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Creamless Cream of Asparagus Soup
Apple Walnut Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Have an apple today and keep the doctor away with this fresh, fall favourite -- apple walnut salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Throw together crisp apples, crunchy walnuts, and sweet cranberries to beautifully decorate your dinner table with a taste of the holidays.
Fall Harvest Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Pomegranate. Vegetarian, Gluten-free
Quick and easy, fall harvest salad with roasted butternut squash and pomegranate with homemade apple cider vinaigrette is the perfect addition to your holiday menu.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette. Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
This roasted brussels sprouts salad with creamy potatoes, crispy string beans, and dijon vinaigrette makes for a delicious whole30 compliant and vegan meal this season!
Winter Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Winter kale salad with apples, goat cheese and spiced pecans tossed in apple cider vinaigrette can be on your holiday table from start to finish in under 10 minutes. Take that, Thanksgiving stress!
- Arugula Salad with Apple and Pecan
- Warm Lentil Salad with Butternut Squash
- Radicchio and Mandarin Orange Salad with Walnuts and Currants
- Mixed Greens Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Goat Cheese and Tangelo Winter Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Mediterranean Chickpea Wedge Salad with Hummus Dressing
Pick one item from the following categories (or more, depending on how big your party is).
The Best and Creamiest Mashed Potatoes. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Say good-bye to lumpy, bland and dry mashed potatoes this year!! I introduce the best and creamiest mashed potatoes. These potatoes are so velvety and so smooth. Your holiday table has never looked better! Seriously. You can also prepare these mashed potatoes the day before. Just make it without the butter, store in the refrigerator, and reheat the next day adding in the butter.
Potatoes au gratin a rich and creamy potato dish made with layers of sliced potatoes baked in a creamy cheesy sauce. It's the ultimate comfort food and the perfect side dish for the holidays.
Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside, these flavourful, herb-roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish on your holiday table. It’s another one of my go-to’s since it is super easy, taking only about 10 minutes of prep time. Your oven basically does all the work.
Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic Herb Butter. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Hasselback potatoes are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender and buttery on the inside. The ah-mazing garlic herb butter is basically just that, butter infused with garlic and rosemary. You can also serve it with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top for maximum flavour.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Velvety and smooth, garlic mashed potatoes with sour cream are the best, flavourful make-ahead side dish ever. Garlicky, buttery, creamy, and pure comfort.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Baby Potatoes. Vegan, Gluten-Free
Quick and easy roasted garlic Parmesan baby potatoes are crispy on the edges and tender inside. They are delicious, flavourful and bakes in just 30 minutes.
Savoury Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Velvety, smooth, and creamy, this savoury mashed sweet potatoes dish is quick and easy and can be made ahead of time — which makes it the perfect side for your holiday meal. This one pot recipe takes literally 10 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook.
Other Potato Recipes
- Healthy Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Wedges with Homemade Honey Mustard
- Potato Galette with Arugula and Creme Fraiche
Stuffed Butternut Squash with Wild Rice. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Healthy, hearty, and wholesome stuffed butternut squash with wild rice and mushrooms is an easy cozy vegetarian fall dinner or side. The best comfort food.
Roasted Butternut Squash. Vegan, Gluten-Free
Roasted butternut squash is the easiest vegan side dish you need this fall. It has a ton of flavour with just a few simple pantry staples.
Curried Chickpea Stuffed Acorn Squash. Vegan, Gluten-Free
Wholesome, hearty, curried chickpea stuffed acorn squash with curry flavours is the perfect vegan and gluten-free fall comfort food for your holiday dinner.
Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
One of my favourite dishes to serve on Thanksgiving are tender and caramelized, easy roasted brussels sprouts tossed in balsamic vinegar and honey. Now that’s a mouthful of yum! It is also another super easy dish that takes only 10 minutes to prep and then you let the oven do the rest of the work while you can relax and kick your feet up!
10-Minute Nutty Green Beans. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
With only a few ingredients, it is amazing how much flavour this dish produces. Earthy green beans perfectly balance with crunchy pecans, and are all coated with smooth buttery goodness. And the texture is just something else! The beans are tender, yet still slightly crispy, and the roasted pecans give it a crunchy smoky kick.
One Pan Roasted Harvest Vegetables. Vegan, Gluten-Free
One pan roasted harvest vegetables with butternut squash, brussels sprouts and baby potatoes is the best fall side dish. So easy to prep in just minutes.
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Delicious, garlicky, cheesy and creamy brussels sprouts bake is the ultimate comfort food side dish. So flavourful and the best way to eat brussels sprouts.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Craving a big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories? Now you can with creamy garlic mashed cauliflower. Ready in just 20 minutes.
Roasted Pumpkin Wedges with Parmesan Cheese. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Soft and tender, easy roasted pumpkin wedges with Parmesan cheese is the easiest and most delicious side dishes to make this fall. Prep it in just minutes.
Easy Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
Here's another super easy, one-pan vegetable dish to make your holiday prep so much easier. I am talking about sweet and flavourful easy garlic and herb roasted carrots. Plus, these veggies are roasted which brings out their flavour and intensifies it, making them sweeter and more flavourful. Carrots will never taste the same!
Sautéed Garlic Green Beans. Vegetarian
Buttery sautéed garlic green beans is a simple side dish that is quick, easy and delicious. Make these vibrant, crispy and tender green beans in 10 minutes.
Other Vegetable Recipes
- 12-Minute Crispy Roasted Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans (Air Fryer or Oven)
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
- Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter
- Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms
- Maple Roasted Carrots with Yogurt Sauce
- Spinach and Feta Quiche with Cauliflower Crust
- Roasted Garlic Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Easy Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Vegetarian
Creamy, cheesy, classic mac and cheese with a crunchy topping always finds a way to my holiday table. Yes, I know this isn’t particularly the most healthy dish, but at least it is made from scratch. If you have grown accustomed to those boxes of mac and cheese, you don’t know what you are missing!! Throw away that orange, powdered cheese and try fresh, grated cheeses. Trust me, once you try the real stuff, you will never go back!!
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans. Vegetarian
Sweet potato casserole with pecans packed with tender sweet potatoes and a buttery crunchy pecan topping is the best fall side dish for Thanksgiving dinner.
Stovetop Mac and Cheese with White Cheddar. Vegetarian
Quick and easy, creamy stovetop mac and cheese with white cheddar is a delicious and comforting one pot 20-minute meal packed with three types of cheese.
Easy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls. Vegetarian
Quick and easy pumpkin dinner rolls are soft and fluffy, flaky and butter, and perfect to serve alongside Thanksgiving dinner.
Rosemary Cornbread. Vegetarian
Sweet and savoury, buttery rosemary cornbread is soft and moist with golden crispy edges, flavourful and delicious, and so easy to make this holiday season.
No knead, easy rosemary garlic focaccia bread is thick with a perfect golden and crispy texture on the outside, but soft, fluffy and tender inside.
Easy Homemade Biscuits. Vegetarian
Flaky, fluffy, buttery, and soft, these easy homemade biscuits come together with only a handful of ingredients you already have at home! To serve, brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter and serve with your holiday meal.
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. Vegetarian
These garlic cheddar biscuits are packed with flavour and can be prepped and in the oven in less than 15 minutes! They also make a great leftover breakfast so go ahead and make a big batch of this stuff, you won't regret it!
Easy Cornbread Muffins. Vegetarian
Easy cornbread muffins just made your holiday dinner a whole lot easier and tastier! They take literally 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. It’s so easy that even the kids can help you make this! So add these moist and fluffy muffins (made with cornmeal, cooked corn kernels, and sweetened with honey) to your holiday table.
Other Bread Recipes
- Cheesy Garlic Dinner Rolls
- Small Batch Ciabatta Rolls
- Quick and Easy Skillet Dinner Rolls
- Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Green Onion Dinner Rolls
- Small Batch No-Knead Bread
- Sourdough Bread
>> Pie and Pastries
Classic Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie. Vegetarian
Thanksgiving just isn’t the same without a slice of classic Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. There is nothing better than a bite into that flaky crust and smooth pumpkin filling, full of those classic pumpkin spice flavours.
Classic Old Fashioned Pecan Pie. Vegetarian
Classic pecan pie is an essential Thanksgiving dessert. Try this easy to follow recipe to get that flaky crust, smooth custard filling and pecan topping. For such a complicated looking pie, it is actually embarrassingly easy to make. You can also make this a day in advance or at least a few hours before your Thanksgiving dinner to allow the filling to set.
Mini Pumpkin Pies. Vegetarian.
Small batch mini pumpkin pies with a flaky crust, delicious pumpkin pie filling, and cinnamon whipped cream, are perfect for a small Thanksgiving crowd.
Chopped Pecan Pie. Vegetarian
Give traditional pecan pie a twist this holiday season by using finely chopped pecans to create a smooth topping on this chopped pecan pie! This pie is also ridiculously easy to make. You prepare the pie crust, prepare the pie filling, put them together and bake. The entire preparation process takes less than 20 minutes which gives you time to do the other hundred items on your to do list during the busy holiday season. So basically it’s time to change things up this Thanksgiving and say good bye to store-bought pies and hello to irresistible homemade!
Individual Apple Crisp. Vegetarian
Individual apple crisp are served in ramekins so that you and your guests can enjoy single-sized servings meaning you will get the crunchy corners of crumble all to yourselves! Add a big scoop of ice cream on top for maximum happiness.
Pumpkin Pie Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze. Vegetarian
Celebrate fall this year with think and dense, yet surprisingly light, pumpkin pie bundt cake with cream cheese glaze. Can you think of a more perfect pair? The beauty of this cake is that it is thick and dense, but also surprisingly light! It’s warm from the mixture of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice blend, and absolutely benefits from a hearty drizzle of cream cheese glaze. Can you think of a more perfect pair?!
Butternut Squash "Pumpkin" Bread. Vegetarian
Move over pumpkin, there is a new loaf in town! Butternut squash "pumpkin" bread is moist and flavourful, and brings the pumpkin spice season to your home. This loaf can be made with butternut squash puree or pumpkin puree.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Vegetarian
Soft and moist, small batch chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the easiest fall treat, packed with fall flavours of warm pumpkin spice, pumpkin, and chocolate.
Warm, fresh-from-the-oven, soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies make the perfect holiday treat. They are beyond simple to prepare, and even easier to watch disappear! You’ve got sweetness from the white chocolate, a slightly crunch from the walnuts, and the perfect tangy bite from the dried cranberries. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love these.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Vegetarian
Thick, fluffy, chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies is when pumpkin bread meets chocolate chip cookies. These no chill cookies are ready in under 20 minutes.
The Best Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. Vegetarian
What is better than classic, soft and chewy peanut butter cookies? Umm... not a whole lot comes to mind. Get ready to fall in love with a cookie. A puffy, thick circular pile of goodness. It takes 10 minutes to prepare (basically while the oven is preheating anyways) and 8 minutes to bake. Yup, 8 minutes. When you are craving a delicious treat, nothing else is on your mind than taking that first bite. The amount of time it takes really matters!!
Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies with Almond Glaze. Vegetarian
Soft, buttery, melt-in-your mouth jam-filled thumbprint cookies with almond glaze are the cutest, festive treat to make. Plus, it comes together with just a handful of ingredients and less than 20 minutes of prep time.
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- Apple Cardamom Cake with Caramel Pecan Butter Frosting
- Braided Lattice Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Classic French Macarons with Vanilla Buttercream Filling
- Easy Homemade Apple Hand Pies
- Healthier Caramel Apple Fall Cheesecake
- The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Festive Yogurt Fruitcake
Let's not forget about those thanksgiving leftovers. Here are some ways to use them up.
Looking for comfort food in a hand-held serving? You got it! Put those leftovers to good use in this leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce.
Wholesome hearty one pot leftover turkey wild rice soup is the most comforting way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving turkey dinner. So easy to make.
Leftover turkey fried rice with turkey, fluffy rice, scrambled eggs, vegetables, and classic Asian seasonings is a one skillet meal made in just 10 minutes.
Cranberry Sauce Oat Bars. Vegetarian
These cranberry sauce oat bars are basically date squares made with cranberry sauce. Pretty genius right? These oat bars layers together a soft, chewy and buttery crust, tart yet sweet cranberry sauce, and crumbly pecan and oat topping.
Enjoy these leftover cranberry sauce muffins with oat streusel topping for breakfast or dessert the next day... or week!
Leftover cranberry sauce swirl pound cake is moist and tender with swirls of cranberry sauce for a sweet and tangy burst of flavour. So easy and delicious.
Fried mac and cheese balls are crispy on the outside, creamy and cheesy on the inside, and have the perfect crunch. Best way to use leftover mac and cheese.
Did You Make Any of These Thanksgiving Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Tired of searching for a collection of recipes to serve at your holiday dinner this year? Look no further! Here's the perfect Thanksgiving menu for you, all in one place.
- juicy roast turkey OR easy juicy roasted turkey breast
- classic homemade turkey gravy AND easy make-ahead cranberry sauce AND cranberry walnut apple stuffing
- 1 roasted butternut squash soup OR creamy cauliflower and garlic soup OR butternut squash and apple soup with toasted croutons
- 1 apple walnut salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette OR roasted brussels sprouts salad with dijon vinaigrette OR winter kale salad with apple cider vinaigrette
- 1 creamy mashed potato OR hasselback potatoes OR herb-roasted sweet potatoes OR savoury mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 or 2 easy roasted brussels sprouts OR 10-minute nutty green beans OR maple roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash OR easy garlic and herb roasted carrots OR creamy garlic mashed cauliflower OR oven-roasted corn on the cob with garlic butter
- 1 garlic cheddar biscuits OR quick and easy dinner rolls OR easy cornbread muffins OR easy homemade biscuits
- 1-2 classic Thanksgiving pumpkin pie OR classic old fashioned pecan pie OR chopped pecan pie OR individual apple crisp OR pumpkin pie bundt cake with cream cheese glaze OR butternut squash "pumpkin" bread OR soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies OR soft and chewy peanut butter cookies or jam-filled thumbprint cookies with almond glaze
- Easy make-ahead cranberry sauce can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator
- Soups all reheat really well on the stove or microwave (roasted butternut squash soup, creamy cauliflower and garlic soup, and butternut squash and apple soup with toasted croutons)
- Salad components can be prepared in advance and stored separately, however, don't add the dressing until just before serving (apple walnut salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette, roasted brussels sprouts salad with dijon vinaigrette, and winter kale salad with apple cider vinaigrette)
- Creamy mashed potato, savoury mashed sweet potatoes, and creamy garlic mashed cauliflower reheat well on the stove or microwave.
- Garlic cheddar biscuits, easy cornbread muffins and easy homemade biscuits reheat well in the microwave or oven.
- Classic baked macaroni and cheese reheats well in the oven.
- Classic Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, classic old fashioned pecan pie, chopped pecan pie, pumpkin pie bundt cake with cream cheese glaze, butternut squash "pumpkin" bread, soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies, soft and chewy peanut butter cookies, and jam-filled thumbprint cookies with almond glaze can be stored at room temperature overnight.
Day of Items
- Roast turkey and classic homemade turkey gravy.
- Cranberry walnut apple stuffing is best served from the oven.
- Salad components can be prepared in advance, but should be assembled and tossed with dressing right before serving (apple walnut salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette, roasted brussels sprouts salad with dijon vinaigrette, and winter kale salad with apple cider vinaigrette)
- Hasselback potatoes and herb-roasted sweet potatoes are best and crispiest when served from the oven.
- Easy roasted brussels sprouts, 10-minute nutty green beans, maple roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash, easy garlic and herb roasted carrots, and oven-roasted corn on the cob with garlic butter are best served from the oven.
- Quick and easy dinner rolls are best served from the oven.
- Individual apple crisp is best served from the oven.
- Category: Dinner