No one will be able to resist this perfectly sweet and moist brown sugar bundt cake or the sweet glaze drizzled on top. The secret to making glazed brown sugar bundt cake irresistible? Use Greek yogurt or sour cream. It creates the most decadent and rich cake you can imagine.
This beautiful bundt cake is the type of dessert that you want in your kitchen at ALL times. Mostly because it can double as an afternoon snack or an amazing breakfast. I love to serve this with a big cup of coffee and a bowl of mixed berries for a casual, sweet brunch. It will make your morning!
AND, of course, this is the ideal treat when entertaining guests. If you happen to have any leftovers, a slice of this wrapped to-go is the perfect parting gift for guests. Nothing better than sending your loved ones home with a slice of glazed brown sugar bundt cake to enjoy on their own!
What's the best part? This stuff looks like it took some serious magic and all day to prepare but no… it takes less than 15-20 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes in the oven. With prep time like that, it's faster to make this at home than to run to your local grocery store to pick up dessert. Plus, there is a MAJOR bonus to baking this at home. --> Your kitchen will smell AH-mazing!!
Excuse me while I go have a slice or 5...
Glazed Brown Sugar Bundt Cake
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 bundt cake
No one will be able to resist this perfectly sweet and moist, glazed brown sugar bundt cake. Made with Greek yogurt for major decadence and richness!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 and ½ cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 and ½ cups pastry flour
- 1 and ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt, room temperature (or sour cream)
Brown Sugar Glaze:
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray the inside of a bundt cake pan with baking spray.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment fitted, about 3 minutes (or in a large bowl using a hand mixer). Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides between additions.
- In a separate bowl, combine pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar, then mix until flour is completely mixed in. Add Greek yogurt and mix to combine. Then add remaining flour, scraping down sides after adding.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt cake pan, then smooth the top with the back of a spatula. Bake for 35 minutes, or until cake is golden brown on the outside and springs back slightly when you push on it.
- Let cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely before adding glaze.
To Make the Glaze:
- Combine brown sugar, milk, and salt in a small sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then let reduce for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and let cool slightly before pouring over cake.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Heidi R Pearson says
What size bundt pan was used for this recipe? I'm planning on making it as a birthday cake.
Sam Hu | Ahead of Thyme says
I used a 10-cup bundt pan. This is the pan that I used: Heritage Bundt Pan.
Sri Mallya says
Your photos are making me drool and cake looks gorgeousm i will soon try this recipe. Yummy
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Haha, thank you! Let me know how it goes 🙂
Jessica (Swanky Recipes) says
Wow, this cake is a show stopper! This reminds me of a classic cake my grandmother would make during the holiday season.
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Thank you, Jessica! 🙂