You guys. My kitchen right now is where you need to be. It smells absolutely amazing thanks to my new pot of comfort. Coconut curry pumpkin soup.
This pumpkin soup is probably one of the easiest soups I have ever made. It only takes a handful of ingredients and minimal prep. Less than 30 minutes of simmer time later (yes 30 minutes!), it is ready to serve. Plus, if you chop those onions finely enough, you can skip pureeing the soup at the end as it should already be smooth enough as is. Any reason to not have to bring out my heavy food processor is a win for me!
This soup makes a great appetizer to your holiday dinner, or as a main course on it's own on a cold fall or winter night. It will instantly warm you right up. Plus, you can't go wrong with pumpkin and all the amazing health benefits that come along with it! I've said it before and I'll say it again, these are a few of the reasons why I consume a plethora of pumpkin recipes every fall:
- boosts immunity
- burns fat
- protects your eyes
- cancer fighting
- beneficial for your heart
- reduces inflammation
Coconut curry pumpkin soup is a bowl of comfort with a kick. This soup comes together in less than 30 minutes using a handful of ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups pumpkin (or butternut squash) puree
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro for topping (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for about 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in curry powder and garam masala, keep stirring for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in vegetable stock, coconut milk, and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, covered. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Puree the soup until smooth (if needed) using a food processor or an immersion blender.
- Serve soup with a drizzle of coconut milk and toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro on top (optional).
You can also adjust the taste of the soup with 1 tablespoon of sugar, if needed.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut curry pumpkin soup, pumpkin soup with coconut milk, vegan pumpkin soup, curried pumpkin soup