Calling all hummus lovers. Let me introduce you to life-changing creamy and dreamy pumpkin hummus. I mean, do you see that texture? This healthy and vegan hummus is so flavourful and delicious, packed with all the classic hummus ingredients for that flavour that you know and love, but with added (and subtle) pumpkin. Make it with just a few pantry staples and in under 5 minutes. So so easy to make.
I love anything quick and easy, especially when it tastes this good. So you can say that I am currently pretty obsessed with pumpkin hummus. It's the perfect fall snack to serve all day every day and makes the perfect appetizer to serve on your Thanksgiving holiday menu. I mean, who can say no to healthy and delicious. Plus, it's such a great way to sneak in vegetables (hello pumpkin!).
Ingredients in Pumpkin Hummus
- chickpeas - canned chickpeas with some reserved canned water.
- reserved canned water - this is the secret to getting really creamy hummus.
- pumpkin puree - you will need ⅔ cup of pumpkin puree. You can used canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree. If using canned, there are a lot of ways you can use up that extra puree. Try pumpkin scones, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, mini pumpkin pies, pumpkin granola, or pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
- tahini sesame paste
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- maple syrup - just a hint of maple syrup to complement the pumpkin flavour.
- toppings - chickpeas, sesame seeds, herbs (try rosemary or thyme), olive oil.
You will also need a blender or food processor.
How to Make the Best Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
There is really just one step to making this creamy hummus. Just add all ingredients into a heavy duty blender (or a food processor) and pulse mix until fully combined and creamy. You may want to reserve a few of the chickpeas to add on top.
Then, transfer to a dipping bowl. Add some chickpeas, sesame seeds, and fresh herbs on top, and drizzle on some olive oil.
How to Serve Hummus
The best think about hummus is that there are so many different options when it comes to serving it. You can serve it with bread such as crackers, pita bread, naan flatbread, or crusty sourdough. You can keep it completely gluten-free and serve with an assortment of fruit such as sliced apples and pears, or veggies. Or use it as a spread in a Thanksgiving sandwich or vegan hummus wrap.
How to Store
Store creamy pumpkin hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, let it thaw in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More Dips and Spreads
- Smooth and Creamy Hummus
- Easy Tzatziki Sauce (Yogurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Avocado Hummus
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip
- Baked Spinach Dip
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more recipe updates.
Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups hummus
- Diet: Vegan
Make creamy pumpkin hummus in under 5 minutes with a few pantry staples including canned pumpkin. It's the best healthy and delicious fall snack or appy.
- 1 (400 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed but reserve canned water
- 3 tablespoons reserved canned water
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup tahini sesame paste
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately juice from ½ lemon)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- sesame seeds
- fresh herbs (try rosemary or thyme)
- olive oil
- Add all ingredients into a heavy duty blender and pulse mix until fully combined and creamy. You may want to reserve a few of the chickpeas to add on top.
- Transfer to a dipping bowl. Add some chickpeas, sesame seeds, and fresh herbs on top, and drizzle on some olive oil. Serve with crackers, pita bread, naan flatbread, fruit or veggies.
Equipment used: blender or food processor.
How to store: Store creamy pumpkin hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, let it thaw in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: creamy pumpkin hummus, easy hummus, hummus with pumpkin, 5-minute pumpkin hummus, pumpkin recipe,
Leave a Comment