Craving pumpkin pie in the morning but don't want to actually eat a slice of pie for breakfast? Pumpkin pie granola is the answer to your problems. And unlike actual pumpkin pie, this granola is gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free. It is packed with rolled oats, real pumpkin, pumpkin spice, pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and pecans, and is sweetened with maple syrup. Brace yourselves because this stuff is super addictive.
What is in Pumpkin Pie Granola?
To make pumpkin pie granola, you need to gather the following ingredients:
- rolled oats - you want to use rolled oats vs. quick oats.
- pumpkin puree - either canned or homemade puree works.
- pumpkin spice seasoning - if you don't have pumpkin spice, use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon instead.
- pepitas - raw pepitas, also known as pumpkin seeds.
- pecan halves - I like them loosely chopped, but you can also leave them whole. You could also use walnuts instead.
- maple syrup
- coconut oil - you can substitute this with olive oil or melted butter.
- vanilla extract
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Pie Granola
Once you discover just how easy and how delicious homemade pumpkin granola is, you won't look at store-bought granola the same.
To make homemade granola, first Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (oats, pepitas, pecans, and salt). Then, combine the wet ingredients in another bowl (pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract). The mixture may be slightly lumpy. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine until fully incorporated.
Spread the granola mixture onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 F preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, turn the pan once halfway. Remove from oven and let it cool down (about 15 minutes). Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
Tips and Tricks
- How to store homemade granola: You can store homemade granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks (if you don't finish it way before then like we do). I like to store it in a glass canning jar like the one shown in the pictures.
- How to freeze homemade granola: You can freeze granola by wrapping it tightly in plastic cling wrap and place inside a freezer bag, for up to 3 months.
- How to serve granola: You can serve granola in so many different ways. The easiest is just on its own as a snack by the handfuls. You can also add it on top of milk or yogurt, or layer it in a fruit and yogurt parfait, or top it on banana toast with honey. It is also pretty amazing on top of a few scoops of vanilla ice cream. So so delicious.
More Granola Recipes
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Almond Cranberry Chocolate Granola Bars
- Almond Butter Granola Bars
- Coconut Maple Walnut Granola
- Almond Pecan Granola
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait with Granola
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.