Cinnamon Apple Granola is quick and easy to make, tastes like apple pie in granola form, and is so much better than store-bought! This fall granola is packed with rolled oats, apples, pecans, and warm fall spices. Perfect for breakfast on-the-go or a snack throughout the day.
Make your mornings even easier by prepping this delicious and easy homemade apple pie granola ahead of time and I promise you’ll never buy store-bought again. It’s so much easier to make at home than you think. Plus, it lasts for weeks — if you don’t finish it right away!
Why You'll Love this Cinnamon Apple Granola
- So easy to make. If you’ve never made your own granola at home, you’ll be amazed by how easy and simple it is. Take just 10 minutes needed to prepare it and enjoy homemade granola all week long — or maybe just a day long depending on how fast you eat this. It’s that good.
- The fall flavors. Nothing says fall quite like cinnamon and apples. But add in some crunchy pecans and chewy raisins and you’ve got yourself the perfect fall snack. You’ll be putting this cinnamon apple granola on everything — yogurt, parfaits, or simply eat by the handful (kind of my favourite way to devour this!).
- Healthier than store-bought. This apple pie granola is gluten-free, refined sugar free, and made with real ingredients. You know exactly what is going in there (no preservatives here!).
To make this easy Cinnamon Apple Granola, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- rolled oats - you will need to use rolled oats and not quick oats.
- pecan halves - you can also substitute with any other type of nuts that you like. Try walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds.
- dark brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- butter - to make this recipe vegan, substitute the butter with coconut oil or melted butter.
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
How to Make the Best Cinnamon Apple Granola
- Combine ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, including oats, apples, pecans, brown sugar, raisins, flour, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Use a spatula and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread mixture. Pour the mixture onto a parchment-lined half sheet baking pan.
- Bake. Bake in a 325F preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir the granola, then re-spread it and put it back in the oven. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until granola is golden brown and crispy.
- Cool. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
How to Serve
You can serve granola in so many different ways. The easiest is just on its own as a snack by the handfuls.
You can also:
- add it in a bowl over milk or yogurt
- layer it in a fruit and yogurt parfait
- Add it on banana toast with honey.
- sprinkle it over a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream.
More Granola Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Gingerbread Granola
- Almond Pecan Granola
- Coconut Maple Walnut Granola
- Almond Cranberry Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Cinnamon Apple Granola is quick and easy to make, tastes like apple pie, and is much better than store-bought — plus easier to make than you think!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, including oats, apples, pecans, brown sugar, raisins, flour, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Use a spatula and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the mixture onto a parchment-lined half sheet baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir the granola, then re-spread it and put it back in the oven. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until granola is golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
How to serve granola: You can serve granola in so many different ways. The easiest is just on its own as a snack by the handfuls. You can also add it on top of milk or yogurt, or layer it in a fruit and yogurt parfait, or top it on banana toast with honey. It is also pretty amazing on top of a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Granola
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon apple granola, apple granola, how to make granola, fall granola, apple pie granola