There is nothing better than homemade gingerbread granola that makes your home literally smell like the holidays. This gluten-free, vegan, and refined-sugar free granola is packed with rolled oats, warm winter spices, rich molasses, sweetened with maple syrup and has a generous amount of pecans, almonds and cranberries. Make extras because this granola is crave-worthy.
When you are craving gingerbread cookies, but you don't want eat them for breakfast, festive and perfectly crisp gingerbread granola is the solution. It's so quick and easy to prepare a batch that will last up to 2 weeks, which is such a life-saver on busy mornings. It's also an amazing choice to add to your Christmas morning breakfast or brunch menu.
To make festive gingerbread granola, you will need the following ingredients:
- rolled oats - use rolled oats and not quick oats.
- pecans and slivered almonds - or substitute with any other type of nuts that you like. Try pistachios, walnuts or hazelnuts.
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- olive oil - you can substitute this with coconut oil or melted butter.
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- dried cranberries
How to Make the Best Gingerbread Granola
- Combine ingredients. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, pecans, slivered almonds, cinnamon, ginger and salt. In another bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine until fully incorporated.
- Bake the granola. Spread the granola mixture onto a large parchment-lined half sheet baking pan. Bake in a 350 F preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing the granola once halfway.
- Cool down and add cranberries. Remove from oven and let it cool down (about 15 minutes). Then, mix in dried cranberries and toss to combine.
How to Serve Gingerbread Granola
Granola is such a versatile item to have on hand because you can serve it in so many different ways. Have it for breakfast over a bowl of milk or yogurt, or layer it in a yogurt parfait, serve it for lunch sprinkled over banana toast with honey, or just snack on it by the handfuls throughout the day.
How to Store Granola
More Granola Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Almond Cranberry Chocolate Granola Bars
- Coconut Maple Walnut Granola
- Almond Pecan Granola
- Almond Butter Granola Bars
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait with Granola
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Quick and easy gingerbread granola with nuts, cranberries and warm winter spices is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. The best Christmas snack.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, loosely chopped
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, pecans, slivered almonds, cinnamon, ginger and salt. In another bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine until fully incorporated.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing the granola once halfway.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down (about 15 minutes). Then, mix in dried cranberries and toss to combine. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
How to serve granola: You can serve granola in so many different ways. The easiest is just on its own as a snack by the handfuls. You can also add it on top of milk or yogurt, or layer it in a fruit and yogurt parfait, or top it on banana toast with honey. It is also pretty amazing on top of a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread granola, christmas granola, easy gingerbread granola, homemade granola, granola with cranberries