Easy Mediterranean slow cooker leg of lamb with vegetables is succulent, tender and juicy seasoned with fresh herbs and packed with flavour. This one pot slow cooker meal complete with baby potatoes and carrots is easy to prep in just 15 minutes. It's perfect for a big holiday meal or easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
This slow cooker leg of lamb with tender vegetables is a complete dinner that you can serve on its own, similar to our roast lamb with vegetables. Just throw everything into your crockpot on a busy weekday and come home to a delicious dinner waiting for you. I like to always add a side of white long-grain rice or a one pot rice pilaf to soak up all the delicious slow cooker juices.
To make this slow cooker leg of lamb, you will need the following ingredients:
- leg of lamb - boneless leg of lamb, about 3-4 lbs.
- lamb seasoning rub - made with olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, fresh sage, fresh thyme, fresh mint, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- baby potatoes
- peeled tomatoes - I used a 28 oz. can of peeled tomatoes.
- soy sauce
- cumin seeds
- fresh thyme
- fresh parsley - optional, for serving.
You will also need a skillet for searing the lamb (cast-iron preferred), and a slow cooker (crockpot).
How to Make the Best Slow Cooker Leg of Lamb
- Season the lamb: Pat the lamb completely dry with a paper towel before adding seasoning. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, paprika, sage, thyme, mint, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir well into a smooth paste. Using a paring knife, make a few small incisions through the leg of lamb. Rub and spread the marinade mixture over the lamb including the inside of the leg and inside the incisions. Wear disposable gloves to make it easier to clean up.
- Sear the lamb: Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and sear the lamb on all sides until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Prepare the slow cooker: Transfer the lamb into the slow cooker/crockpot. You can cut the leg of lamb in half to reduce cooking time in the slow cooker. Add in baby potatoes, carrots onion, canned tomato, soy sauce, cumin and thyme. Add water on the sides until the lamb is almost submerged in the mixture (about 2-3 cups). Do not pour the water directly onto the seasoned lamb.
- Cook in the slow cooker: Cover and seal the lid and set to cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours. The lamb should be fully cooked in 3 hours on high but will become much more tender the longer it's cooked in the slow cooker.
- Serve: Slice the lamb and serve over rice with the slow cooked vegetables. Drizzle with juice from the slow cooker and sprinkle some chopped parsley on top.
- Sear the lamb: Searing the lamb before slow cooking it creates a beautiful brown crust and creates more depth of flavour. You can skip this step if you don't have the time, and still have a delicious meal.
- How to store: Store slow cooker leg of lamb in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- How to freeze: Freeze the lamb in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months. To serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat in a saucepan and over medium heat until fully heated through.
More Lamb Recipes
- Easy Roast Lamb with Vegetables
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Dijon Garlic Marinade
- Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Greek Lamb Souvlaki Skewers
- Spicy Cumin Lamb Noodles
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb Stew
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.