This easy roast lamb with vegetables is tender, juicy, and succulent and packed incredible flavours, seasoned with fresh herbs. This fancy dinner is so easy to prep in just 15 minutes, making it the ideal showstopper entree to serve at your holiday dinner or to serve any night of the week because we all deserve a fancy meal. Throw in some potatoes and carrots and you have yourself a complete one pan meal that will impress.
This one pan lamb dinner is a complete dinner packed with vegetables, so you can serve it as it on its own. But when serving this for a crowd, I like to complement it with extra sides. My favourites to serve with this are creamy mashed potatoes or garlic mashed cauliflower, hasselback potatoes, and sautéed garlic mushrooms.
To make this easy roast lamb with vegetables, you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- lamb - 4 to 5 lb. boneless leg of lamb or lamb shoulder
- lamb marinade rub - olive oil, dijon mustard, fresh sage, fresh thyme, Italian seasoning, garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, coarse salt and black pepper.
- baby potatoes
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- fresh parsley - optional, for garnish on top.
How to Make the Best Roast Lamb with Vegetables
- Prepare the vegetables: In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, carrots and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning and salt. Toss to combine until well coated. Transfer the vegetable mixture into a roasting pan or Dutch oven and spread them evenly on the bottom.
- Prepare the lamb: Pat dry the whole lamb leg (or shoulder) completely with a paper towel before adding seasoning. Score the leg of lamb with a knife to make shallow cuts, about ¼-inch deep.
- Make the lamb marinade rub: In a small mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, mustard, sage, thyme, Italian seasoning, garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, until it forms a smooth paste. Rub and spread the mixture over the entire leg of lamb including the inside of the leg and the shallow cuts. Wear disposable gloves to make it easy to spread the mixture with your hands.
- Roast: Tie the leg of lamb together using kitchen string, if needed (to achieve even cooking). Place the leg of lamb on top of the vegetables. Roast uncovered in the oven at 350 F for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 145F. The roasting time depends on the size of the lamb. Check for doneness by inserting a digital meat thermometer into the center of the meat to get a quick measurement.
- Rest and serve: Once the meat is done, remove from the oven and let it rest at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Remove the strings tied around the lamb, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with the baked vegetables on the side.
Tips for Making Roast Lamb
- Use a digital thermometer. A digital meat thermometer is very useful when cooking lamb or any kind of meat. Simply insert the thermometer halfway inside the meat to get a quick measurement. Once it reads 145F, the lamb is done and you can take it out of the oven.
- How to store. Store roast lamb in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in the oven or air fryer at 300F for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
More Lamb Recipes
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Dijon Garlic Marinade
- Greek Lamb Souvlaki Skewers
- Spicy Cumin Lamb Noodles
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Garlic Rosemary Rack of Lamb
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.